• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Just do the next right thing ...

“Whether you are struggling to overcome a pattern of defeat, yearning for inner peace, trying to create lasting happiness, wishing to succeed in your career, desperately trying to overcome procrastination, or are battling with an addiction, this lesson holds the key for you. Just do the next right thing. In each moment, just keep doing the next right thing. . .

Whether you get into a funk, just do the next right thing. And keep doing the next right thing. You will be amazed at how quickly you work yourself out of the funk if you approach it this way. Don’t worry about next week or next month or next year. Just do the next right thing and keep doing the next right thing, and gradually you will act your way out of destructive patterns. You cannot think or pray or wish or hope yourself out of the pattern that is holding you back. You must act your way out of it, one moment at a time.

One moment at a time, by simply doing the next right thing, you will move from confusion to clarity, from misunderstanding to insight, from despair to hope, from darkness to light, and discover your truest self.”

~ Matthew Kelly

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

@Adrial This post reminds me of an analogy I always use when I, or others are going through a tough time or a period of uncertainty. I look at challenges in life like a river.... I am on one side of the river that is full of rocks and boulders. As I stand on one side of the river, I look to the other side (where I want to be) and I look at all the stepping stones in front of me to figure out which steps I am going to take to get there. What I realize, is that once I take ONE step my perspective changes. The path I laid out from the river bank now has a new perspective and I can see other better ways to get to the other side. With each step I gain clarity and confidence. I see clearer the things I could not see from land and I make more informed and enlightened decisions as I move FORWARD. With each stepping stone I get closer to my destination. Sometimes that destination is not what I thought it would be and I reached it in a way I could never have imagined if I had stayed on the other side of the river. If I had never been brave enough to take that first step, I would never have realized that the other side of the river could be so glorious. So the moral of the story is..... when you think that there is no where to go, no one to turn to and no hope, take that first step. Then another and then another. Look around and take stock of your surroundings. You will realize that you have many options and numerous ways to make your way through the tough spots and get across a river you never imagined you could cross. We will be waiting for you on the other side :)