• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Inside Amy Schumer's (funny) herpes joke

I recently discovered Amy Schumerʻs show after seeing a few articles online on recent sketches (i.e., "Football Town Lights," "Last F*ckable Day," and "Girl You Donʻt Need No Makeup" -- I would highly encourage anyone to look those up and watch; they are hilarious and poke a lot of fun at society, in particularly womenʻs roles) and decided to look into past episodes/ sketches.

The first episode of the second season (available on Hulu Plus) had a sketch about Amy having a herpes scare and it has been by far one of the funniest ~jokes~ Iʻve ever seen/ heard about herpes. Without giving too much away, one of my favorite lines is: "You need to stop drinking." "Pass." LOL

Once youʻve come to term with your own diagnoses sometimes itʻs easy to forget how real the stigma is -- but I think she does an excellent job of poking fun at both the stigma, and also the reality of the herpes virus. :)

Remember -- itʻs only as serious as we make it, and the stigma cannot hold up against knowledge and education.

With that said, a little humor to hopefully lighten up your day and our situations. :)

Inside Amy Schumer - Herpes Scare:

@Cars85 I LOVE Amy Schumer!!!! She tells all the politically incorrect jokes and she is good at it :) the other night I watched a stand up routine where she told racist jokes, sexist jokes, fat jokes, ugly jokes and yes..... Herpes jokes! She is unapologetic and damn good at her delivery.... thanks for the post!

@fitgirl I know, I recently discovered her and Iʻm so glad that I did! Iʻm all about empowerment and feminism -- and I heard that her humor was a little crude, so I assumed she would be more similar to a male in her delivery.. boy was I wrong! She is so great at poking fun at society, but from a womanʻs perspective, and her jokes really make you think. Sheʻs great. :)

@misskellyrenee I know! When I saw that she had a sketch about herpes I was a little wary (especially since I had watched a Broadcity episode earlier that was all about herpes, and they painted it especially poorly), but boy was I glad I did. I really did love how she didnʻt make it out to be gross, but just something that happens "once a year." Love it. :)

@bird I had OB's every three months for over a decade but that skit is still hilarious!!! Btw, since starting suppressive meds after 15+ years with herpes. I now have virtually zero OB's. It's much easier to laugh at herpes when it visits less often :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...