• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Body aches, neck pain, leg pain

I found out two days ago I have HSV 2. Before my diagnosis I suffered from anxiety daily with muscle pain. Now I am having pain on the right side of my neck, upper back, and pain down my left leg. Is this part of herpes or anxiety, please help. I'm very new to this.

I can't comment on the symptoms you are displaying but can't help but wonder if you suffer from anxiety that there is a connection. I understand anxiety as I have suffered in the past with it, this is more debilitating than herpes as anxiety diminishes the ability to think and rationalise thoughts clearly ( in my case). I take it you are on something for the anxiety this will help with dealing with the H+ side of things also I take a double dose of vitamin B daily which is great for stress etc.

Get onto suppressive therapy for the herpes and maybe try and concentrate on sorting out the anxiety as this could cause more regular OBs, hope this helps a little ;)

*Some* people do get body pain but as a Massage Therapist, I'd say the anxiety is likely the culprit for a lot of the body issues. Anxiety is a HUGE contributor to herpes OB's as well, so I suggest that you see about getting massage for both the pain and the anxiety, perhaps get on the meds if that helps for the moment, and get into therapy ... Herpes will tell you when you need to take care of you ... so listen to the message it's sending you now ;)

I've HAD the lower back pain, I still have pains around my armpits, and I NOW have the pain on right side of neck. I can't tell you if it's herpes or anxiety, but two doctors here believe it's the latter. I'm on a waiting list for therapy, and have some 40mg propranalol for times like now when my body is shaking and sweating in the middle of the night, stopping me from sleeping.

• 1 month later...

Hi Lrebirth06, I too have been suffering from neck pain for few days. On a recent visit to a doctor, I was told that it is due to the injured joints that I have the pain. But I don't actually remember myself got an injury. Anyway I was suggested to have a neck pain treatment ( http://www.physionow.ca/areas-of-injuries/neck-pain-treatment/ ) and I will be getting it very soon. But I don't really get what your problem is. You'd better figure out whether it is herpes or something in the first place and undergo the treatment.

Are you currently having your first outbreak? During my first outbreak I was in horrible pain all over. Shooting pain from tushie down back of legs. My neck felt stiff and achy, possible lymph nodes related as herpes causes them to be swollen. So from my experience I would say all can be herpes related. If you are not having an outbreak and having all this pain. Have you seen a chiropractor? A good one who X-rays your spine and shows you the results. Spine is central nervous system and if it's not 100% it can be causing the pain and believe it or not anxiety. Seriously check into it. Take a deep breath, pull shoulders to ears as you exhale lower shoulders exhaling threw mouth slowly. Doing this helps counter act a panic attack.

I had severe neuropathy w my primary ob and it was horrible. I don't put anything past what this virus will do. Most of my symptom I used to have, are gone. News emerged though. Random itching a week out before period on hips, lower back, left front shin and bottom of feet. I know this is herpes. If it gets real bad, ask for neurontin for nerve pain.

• 2 years later...

Last year i was having back pain regularly , i have taken so many medicines for it but the pain remains the same. Then i have visited spa and have back massage from a therapist there. I am stunned after the therapy the pain is reduced to zero.Then i visit there for about six months regularly and now i don't have any back pain. Sometimes we don't go for such treatments because we are addicted to have medicines but yoga , massage therapies are very beneficial for health.