• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Feeling normal!

Just thought I'd post a positive post. After over a mth of itching, burning, prickly sensations and irritation, I'm finally feeling like my old self again. I'm currently taking a half dose of valtrex, a probiotic, fish oil, a multivitamin and a b complex vitamin. Also swabbing with lemon balm extract when things feel irritated. Hoping it stays this way for awhile. :)

Currently I'm taking spring valley with 4 billion cultures. Just a cheap one from Walmart. But I got a woman's formula at the vitamin shoppe when this ones done. It's in a pink box. And I'm on vacay right now in my home town. The Drug Emporium here now has a healthy section and I found lemon balm salve for $8 for a small jar. It's the first time I've seen it in a store. Also found the extract for a good price. I was hoping to find lavendar oil for my Epsom baths but they were sold out. But anyway, there is hope! :). I'm taking valacyclovir which is generic valtrex. Is that what you're taking @shocked80?

@sadpanda I yes, that's what I'm taking. I bought dome probiotic at a health food store but I need to get more.8$ that's not bad. The one I ordered had a bunch of other nautral herbs and olive oil. Does that sound right? Just making sure I got a good one. What can you use the extract for?

Yeah the salve I have has similar stuff too and olive oil. The lemon balm extract is the stuff that comes in the dropper bottle that I put onto a cotton pad and swab the outside with. I think it helps with irritation. But I got the salve too because of other reviewers liking it

@shocked80 that's what dancer was saying. That maybe it's a good sign. I've technically had it since last July/August, but was just diagnosed in feb. And man how things have gotten worse since then.

That's why I'm thinking it may be the meds somehow. When I was first diagnosed, I really didn't freak out too bad. Yes it was a shock, but my life was going really well for a very long time, and I was wtg for the other shoe to drop at any moment. I would rather it be car trouble or something like that instead of herpes of course, but, it is what it is.

And some days I do have bad emotional days. In a way, this is my own karma coming back to haunt me. My first roommate in college had it, we shared a house but I never took baths just showers because I was afraid. And uninformed. So I have some guilt about that, and of course fear of the unknown. The only ppl that know are my bf (also +), and my best friend. She told me our college photo professor that I loved and admired had it and has never given it to her h- husband of 20 yrs. And they have a daughter together. He knew she had it when they dated but loved her anyway. So stories like that give me hope.