• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I CANNOT friggin believe it!!

I went off the meds for suppression on the 13th. I was feeling great for the first time in a looong time. Avoiding triggers, getting plenty of sleep, taking Epsom baths when things felt weird. So far so good until NOW when I saw a new blister in a part where I never get them! Ugh! I feel like crying but can't because I'm at work. Took some valtrex and I'm going to try to find lemon balm cream later. Does anyone know where it's sold? Ugh I'm so depressed all over again. I hate this virus!!! ;(

Are you sure it's that? Sometimes it's more obvious when you get a few together, otherwise it could easily be confused. How far away has it moved? Sorry though, at least it sounds like the OBs are becoming much less regular if you thought they were over for good.

I'm not sure what else it could be. Usually I get papercut style lesions in the skin on the left side. This is way above that, on the inside of an inner lip. If it becomes an ulcer I will not want to pee at all based on where it is. I just had unrealistic hopes. I was having an ob once a mth before I realized what it was an diagnosed. Then I freaked out and tried suppressive meds, but couldn't handle the side effects so I tried to cut the doses on half, then stopped them completely last wk. I guess that was a mistake. But my bf has it too and only had one ob, in jan. He's not on meds but has them in case he breaks out.

@sadpanda how big are your paper cut lesions? Do they form blisters (become fluid filled) or just like sore feeling? How fast do they heal?

I had what I thought was a herpes sore, but my doctor says no. It was too small and wasn't filled with any fluid. I think it healed in 2 days, maybe 3 because I didn't notice it till this past Monday and it is gone now.

Does this sound like something you get

@Bslydell I think mine have always started as blisters, but I didn't notice till after I was diagnosed. I always saw them at ulcer stage, when they hurt. And they are very small, like the head of a pin. Right now I have 2 side by side, but they usually cluster in 3s, all to form a small spot less than half my pinky nail size. But I know it probably won't always be that way. I'm hoping these will go away without rupturing since i Dbld up on valtrex and found some lemon balm extract. I know a lot of doctors misdiagnose. I was actually misdiagnosed for a yeast infection during my initial ob last summer. Even with lesions present. It wasn't until my ob last mth that I saw my obgyn and she took one look and told me I had herpes. The viral culture she took was positive. I know there are other conditions that cause sores besides herpes, but they are hard to diagnose. Hope you can get some answers....

I'm still in that unknown stage. Diagnosedt this past December with H1. I had tingling down below and my PCP said it was genital herpes. Never got any sores. Just tingling sensation.

I've had this burning in my taint for over a month and a half. My skin penis and scrtotum just feels all raw. One day it appears really red and then it disappears, then it comes back. Some spots are extremely red at times on my scrotum.

Not sure if this is herpes related, but my ass cheeks and down my thigh on the back of my legs are always sore feeling. Been This way for this whole time too. I might have had this all along, but since positive results I am diagnosing everything.

Ugh, sorry to hear that. I haven't felt "normal " down there since valentines wkend, right before my last ob. I didn't have lesions that whole time but definately had extreme irritation and redness. I actually had a day this wk when I felt pretty normal, then bam a new blister today. Are you on meds? I'm back on valtrex indefinately now. It seems that no 2 hsv infections are the same. My bf had a horrific first ob all over his scrotum and base, and hasn't had one since. I've had one every mth since the initial one last summer. And wasn't diagnosed till last mth, after several trips to the dr and wrong diagnoses. But I'm really curious too as to when the normal feeling comes back. It seems like I'm always having issues lately even long after an ob.

Well I just went to my doctor Tuesday and she wants me to try doxycycline for something antibacterial. I told her that it is more of a skin issue than something deep inside.

So after 10 days if no relief she said she would have me try valtrex. I did valtrex when I first got the tingling initially, but it was close to 4 weeks after I was having issues. Everything was pretty much faded at that point, so I couldn't tell if it did anything or not. My head was going 100 mph at that point so I had no idea what was happening.

I'll know whether or not this or valtrex works. What ever gets rid of this taint burn. It drives me nuts.

Tried lysine, eating really well, multi vitamins and still won't go away.

Valtrex didn't really help with my irritation, but it did keep me from getting new lesions. It worked much better for me than acyclovir did. But valtrex did cause me kidney pain, despite drinking tons of water with it. Another member here said it did the same for her for the first 6 mths, but doesn't anymore. So I guess I'll give it a shot longterm. Have you tried Epsom salt baths? They really do help me for days when I'm super irritated. And even into the next day too. I'm hoping this lemon balm stuff works too. I've been avoiding triggers as well but apparently going off the valtrex was my downfall.

Try the Epsom Salts baths and keep trying the treatments that we've posted till you find what works for YOU and then always have some of it on hand. My go-to for the last 20 years was ammonium Alum and it kicks mine to the curb in 1-2 days ... some people like Hydrogen Peroxide, tea tree oil, whatever. One of the biggest secrets it to attack the SOB the minute it rears it's little head ... and when you find what works for you not only dies it bring relief, it helps psychologically to feel you have *some* control back :)

@Danaaaaaasaur, mine don't actually look like papercuts, they look like tiny craters (ulcers), but they certainly feel like papercuts esp when showering or peeing. For the longest time I just thought they were actual little cuts from sex as they always appeared the next day after. Now I know they were outbreaks.

And dancer I took a long Epsom bath last night which really helped with the irritation. Afterward I used the lemon balm extract. Today they blister had gone down without rupturing. And when I called my dr yesterday she said I needed to take immune boosting supplements as well as the valtrex. If I still have side effects later she said I could try famvir. Any word on that one? Seems like most are on the other 2....

I have a benefit plan so I don't pay and I am in Canada so cost is likely different. I would say it's about the same.

I have had it for a year and 3 months.

In time your nerves will settle. Everyone's body is different. It's frustrating I know. I feel like I will never get my old vagina back and now I think I am pre menopausal so it sucks.

Wow that's awhile. I'm sorry you haven't found relief yet. But that's what I want, a normal feeling vagina again! I swear I will have a party if it ever happens again. Lol. (And drink pineapple juice instead of alcohol since it's a trigger). Sigh.

Im currently battling the same thing. I just want my normal feeling vagina back. I just went through a tough time with an allergic reaction to a condom that benadryl helped relieve the burning and throbbing my urethra was going through. I felt pretty good yesterday and today it's feeling a little irritated. Does that mean I'm shedding? Im still scared to urinate just because of the burning and throbbing I was dealing with after I went. Also, I believe I've had a paper cut ob two or three times. I literally had one small dot looking cut I never seen a blister and it never crusted over it was a little bigger than the size of a pen tip.

I'm allergic to latex and have to use polyurethane condoms. Which is fine with me since I can only use coconut oil lube, which erode latex. I'm allergic to the regular lubes. My ulcers never scab either and I found out it's because vaginas/vulvas are soft tissue and won't scab. My bf scabbed everywhere when he had his ob. I'm feeling a little less irritation today but today was my first day of loading up on supplements too.

@sadpanda I'm allergic to latex as well. I use the skyn brand condoms made with polyurethane and that messed me up as well. I also used luvena water based lubricant. Not sure if it was both that caused me to have an allergic reaction or just the condom. I did have sex twice the first day without lube and the second day with. Im so sensative to everything lubes and condoms. Now Im leaning towards the women condom or lambskin. I take daily valtrex suppressive therapy and supplements

I'm back on the valtrex too as well as fish oil, airborne daily, lysine, vitamin b complex, olive leaf extract, and a probiotic. I've had good luck with the Trojan supras. The skyn brand irritated me even though they are latex free. But I found out prolonged dry intercourse will trigger outbreaks. I use coconut oil now and it's like a sigh of relief compared to fiery ring of hell afterward with astroglide or ky. It's kinda awkward sticking your hand in a jar, I'm still trying to find more elegant container to store it in. But coconut oil is supposedly antiviral as well as antibacterial/anti fungal. So I'm hoping it might help keep obs away...