H Opp going?

Be a sustaining member.
We'll love you forever.

$5/month
$10/month
$20/month

Or for a one-time payment, click here.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

positive guide to herpes disclosure

Herpes outbreaks and menstrual cycle?

Ok, so my OB's are very manageable so far. But I get them almost every month. ALWAYS around ovulation. I guess I'm just wondering if this will ever NOT be the case. I mean, I know different things bring on OB's people. But if my trigger is my cycle/ovulation will it ever get better?!

Comments

• As with many things Herpes, it's hard to say - for some they will lessen over time, for others every month will be a challenge. You may want to try birth control for a few months ... sometimes just breaking the cycle helps the body to deal with controlling the virus. OR - get some antivirals and take a double dose for a couple days before you normally ovulate ... just to help your body to deal with the virus while your hormones are wreaking havoc...

I will say that once I went through menopause my OB's dropped off significantly...
  • My first one came at the same time as my ovulation. My Dr. recommended me to start birth control. The only other OB I've had is when I had surgery this last month. I don't get my cycle, and having the lack of hormone fluctuation may be helping me not have OB's. It was one option my OB/GYN recommended. You can always start one then stop if it doesn't help, and there's several different options to try with it. Pills, shots, patches, etc. Talk with your Dr. They are great at understanding, at least the ones near me are.
  • I just got the herpes diagnosis last month when I had a break out during ovulation, and this month, here I am again, having a break out during ovulation. I have the same question, will this be my experience every month forever? Not sure I want to live like this...Incredibly Depressed, M
  • I’m convinced my outbreaks are tied to my menstrual cycle. My outbreaks have always been very mild, and I’m old enough to not be ovulating every month, but I’ve found antivirals to be very helpful. It’s pretty much a dream come true to not be dealing with itching all the time.