• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I CAME OUT!!

Hi all! Just wanted to jump on in a quiet moment that I'm having between my Facebook and phone straight blowing up! I was going to delay a little longer, not completely sure if I was ready. But with the encouragement of a couple of close friends, my counselor, and @JessikaRabbit89, I came out about 20 minutes ago!

The response has been overwhelming from the get-go! Nothing but love and support pouring in from all sides right now! I made the right choice. I did the right thing. Can't say without a significant amount of nervousness though. I couldn't sleep last night, knowing that I wanted to do this today. It felt like going to bed on Christmas Eve, the excitement was so intense! And now I sit here, having said what cannot be unsaid to all of my closest friends and family. My palms are sweating profusely. I'm shaking like a leaf. And nauseous as all get-out. But I did it! I did it and I'm glad!

@JessikaRabbit89. . . I could not have done this without you.

Thank you so much for your kind words, @PositivelyBeautiful.

I know this is going to help me continue to turn things around. Am I still scared? Absolutely! Am I still riding the emotional waves of depression? Absolutely! But I feel relief right now. For the first time since my diagnosis. Like salve on a burn, I feel nothing but healing relief and a sense of not only purpose, but that this feeling of exhaustion and despair is lifting.

Ah, this feels SO GOOD to hear. There is a beautiful relief that happens (even in the midst of everything else that life is) when accepting ourselves comes before anything else. That's sowing the seeds of self-love. Now nurture the seeds, water them, give them tons of sunlight ... and watch the tree grow, sista! :)

I'm loving our little positive herpes community ... Just sayin' ... ;)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Wow! Congratulations!

It's fascinating to me that all of our experiences seem to only have a GOOD response.... I would have expected a few "bad eggs" just because some people are jerks, yet we don't seem to have found any. More and more I am sure that if you can just declare your status with confidence and no shame, there is no space for people to attack you.

I LOVE IT!