• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Giving Thanks to ALL of You!

I joined H Opp a year ago this month. I came on here in a blaze of glory, on a high from having just come completely out on Facebook to the whole world... and shared it with everyone here. Very quickly I was dubbed the "Forum Mom"....and somehow I have become someone that people turn to for help and advice, which I am happy to give.

I want you to all know that in giving to you, I receive SO much. I experience so much joy in hearing your Success Stories. I'm delighted when I see someone go from angry and convinced that their life is over, to seeing that H can be our teacher if we let it. I'm touched when I witness someone suddenly realize that it isn't Herpes that is holding them back, but rather old fears and self limiting beliefs.

Every one of YOUR successes gives me more strength and determination to change the face of Herpes. Yes, there are days that I wonder if I'll ever get to the bottom of the discussions, and days where I am sooo frustrated because I can't seem to get our message across to someone. But those moments are few and far between and the high that I get when I hear that someone who thought their life was over a few months before (and who I feared may take their life) has had an epiphany or who has found love makes it all worthwhile.

I have learned sooo much about myself this year, and YOU have been my teachers. So Thank YOU my H Opp friends. You have helped me to become stronger and more sure of who *I* am at a time when I was feeling that I had lost my compass :)

“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

(((HUGS)))

Thank you Dancer, and all of you on this forum, for all your support and love. I am so grateful for being exposed to the selflessness and strength from everyone who has participated on this forum. It's a truly magnificent experience to witness people from all over the world and walks of life come together to help one another. Herpes has changed me, but connecting with all of you has been the best change of all. Every day, this forum reminds me that our vulnerability and our authenticity opens us up to becoming stronger, more loving human beings. Thank you to all of you for opening and sharing you hearts! :)

• 1 year later...

Well, we are both veterans, but you have taugh me so much. I never really gave H much thought as I am barely effected by it, but for some odd reason, I started looking into this crazy virus and just decided to learn all I could. I had never even been tested. I always thought if it was genital, it was H2. Anyway, I've learned a ton and I hope I've helped some. Also, a huge thanks to Adrial and this very informative website which has brought all of us together!!!

Thanks Dancer!!!