• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I have a REALLY REALLY REALLY stupid question...

... but I can't stop myself from asking it.

Skin to skin contact... so even with a condom, there is a chance you can transmit the virus to your neg partner, when you're NOT having an outbreak.

OK, here comes the stupid question: (I can't warn you any more that it's stupid)

If the underwear is kept on, and you take your penis out of the "fly" ...and THEN put on a condom and have sex, that would make everything even safer right? It MUST!

...this is the part where I admit I Googled this before asking opinions here.

Regards,

ND

Not too sure on that one. I would still say there is a chance of passing it but if you are not having a break out, you may not be shedding the virus - it's kind of 50/50. Either way, let your partner know whats up and make the decision together. :) I have heard taking 1200 mg of L-Lysine supplements per day can help the virus to shed less which might be a good thing for you to check out!

• 6 months later...