• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

18 Spiritual Teachings That Blew My Mind Wide Open (Elephant Journal Blog)

That is so awesome seeing the worry wart tip spooked me because thats always been me. And sure enough all that I worried about I ended up experiencing. Go figure surely need stop it. Thanks for your time n guidance Dancer those tips are helpful for one. We gotta get to em all.

I see a lot of "worry warts" on here... and I see how their lives are being run by that aspect of their personality.... so I hope that tip will help them ;)

worrying is planning for a negative future.

BINGO!!

These speak to me:

3) All things must pass. My dear friend Liz has a tattoo that reminds her, “This too shall pass.” Depression will pass, but so will joyous times. Our beloved pets and friends and family will pass, and so will we. Rather than hiding from this morbid truth, I now embrace it and live my life more fully because of it.

8. Each morning, I am born again. What I do today is what matters most. The past brought me here, but it is over. The future is totally uncertain. I aspire to concentrate as much of my attention and effort on the present moment, the current situation and the living relationships I cultivate with myself and others. Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Beautiful!

16. Don’t get on the train. imagine sitting at a train station, watching the trains arrive and depart. My pure awareness is the station and my thoughts, feelings, sensations, etc. are the trains. If I am not mindful, I will hop on a train and take it to who knows where. But the moment I realize I am on the train, I am magically off of it, back at the station, just watching without judgment, with compassion.

That last one is sooo hard but sooo freeing. It's so easy to get caught up in our feelings and emotions and fears. Acknowledging when my runaway freight train mind has me on board allows me to step off and away from the platform and back on solid ground. When I can DO it, it's a beautiful thing ;)

(((HUGS)))

These two really spoke to me. And the thought on meditating,that even 30 seconds is ok :) Thanks for sharing!!

11. Suffering is the result of clinging. (This so applies to my recently ended romantic relationship....I suffered because I kept clinging to the thought he would take care of me and that we would be together & be there for eachother. Once I let go of clinging to that expectation, the pain stopped.)

Yesterday, we took a bus to Cali, Colombia. We were told it would take five hours. After eight hours had passed, I was hungry, tired, annoyed with the horrendous movies being shown in rapid succession on the bus and tearfully frustrated. I was clinging to my expectation that the trip would be five hours long. My young daughter, on the other hand, was just fine. She had no expectations. Whenever I cling, I suffer. So I strive not to cling.

13. Friendship is the highest form of love. (This is so me, and I need to remind myself I have some wonderful lovers in my life -- my dear friends)

This teaching came from Osho. When I read that sentence, it stopped me in my tracks. It rang so true. Though at the time I struggled with romantic love, I have typically flourished in friendships. True friendship is founded on trust and respect. The best marriages are founded on genuine friendship.

• 1 year later...