• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Disclosed to the guy I like on the first meeting

So I met a I guy online Saturday - actually upgraded my subscription to a paid one so I could respond to him. He later told me if I hadn't done it he was going to so he could message me (fairy tale I know)

So we pretty much messaged constantly then decided to meet up yesterday, he knew I had something to tell him and he knew it could be emotional or hard for me to say, he had already guessed a few things it could have been and std was one of them. I didn't tell him till in person because I wanted to see his reaction.

So we meet and are just talking for hours about everything then he asked what did you want to tell me? I said I wasn't quite ready yet and we carried on talking about other things.

Then I decided he hadn't run yet after all we'd talked about and we already knew at the very least we'd be friends. So I told him and got it out with minimal tears ( first in person disclosure). He put his hand on my leg when I was struggling with words, because I already told him no hugs until the end.

Once I had finished he told me he had been involved in providing support for youth/ people with herpes through the local hospital and knew that it was manageable and wasn't a deal breaker for him and he wasn't going any where. I told him that if we were in a relationship I would lie to the doctor about having regular OB's to try to get suppressive medication to reduce the risk especially while it was new. I told him I could never put a partner at risk first without having told them so they could be informed.

He told me that me telling him showed how honest I was and that as he'd been cheated on in the past among various other things and knew he wouldn't have to worry about those things with me. He was really supportive and made me feel like it wasn't a big deal and then said can I hug you now?

We spent the night together cuddling and kissing and other things, he wanted to have sex and was ok with it but I told him I wanted to wait till we knew each other better and because it's the first time I've done this I want to make sure my feelings are genuine too not just because he's the first guy to want to be with me after H.

He respected this and said he would like to wait to and not start a relationship because of sex. In one night of being in each others company he has treated me better than any guy I've actually been in a relationship with, he told me when he saw me he thought I was so beautiful that he was nervous the whole night thinking I was too beautiful for him. I was so comfortable around him that I even surprised myself.

The day before I started talking to him I had pretty much decided I wasn't looking for a relationship and didn't need a guy around to learn to deal with life again and then here I am 4 days later going to see him again tonight to spend more time with him.

It's very early days but things are already looking very positive and I am excited to really know some one before taking that next step.

Sorry it's mushy but where else would I post the story :P

Yeeehaw!!! Another Success Story!!! Because no matter how it turns out, YOU just succeeded in finally getting the message that Herpes is a great Wingman!

In one night of being in each others company he has treated me better than any guy I've actually been in a relationship with, he told me when he saw me he thought I was so beautiful that he was nervous the whole night thinking I was too beautiful for him.

Case in point. H makes us be 100% vulnerable and authentic with our partner-to-be, and the ones worth being with will appreciate that. And whoda-thunk you'd meet someone who was in a support system for people with H? I'm curious to know why he got involved with that..... what a wonderful thing that he did that :)

he wanted to have sex and was ok with it but I told him I wanted to wait till we knew each other better and because it's the first time I've done this I want to make sure my feelings are genuine too not just because he's the first guy to want to be with me after H.

Good girl! The beneficial side effect is that you guys will get to know each other FIRST, before you get overdosed on Oxytocin and your brains go to mush ...LOL

So happy for you friend!!! This is getting added to my Success Story collection right now!

(((HUGS)))

We humans tend to live in the "future" far too much .. only a few days ago your "future" was likely to be the crazy cat lady or whatever ... now I'm guessing it's wedding bells and babies ...LOL

This is a good time for you to realize how crazy it is for us to live in the future ... this moment... right now ... is all we have and by gosh we might as well enjoy it, eh?

Sorry for the extra info just had to post it some where.

This guy is so supportive like I could have never expected.

He asked what I drink ( not coffee at the moment) and what snacks I'm ok with so he could have things at his house for me.

He tried to find information about what foods I was trying to stay away from so he could cook me a dinner I would not worry about eating.

As much as we want to spend a lot of time together he's very much aware I still need to get enough sleep to stay healthy and doesn't want me getting tired.

We aren't having sex yet and are waiting but he bought me condoms for when it does happen - a style that suits the female. I have never had a guy think about me first so much.

The craziest thing is that he tells me this is just how a person you care about and want to be with should be treated and I deserve this from every guy.

My last relationship for the majority of it lacked any affection or intimacy so it is such a change to have a guy be so attentive towards me. I'm having to learn how to accept compliments and let a guy in because for so long I had a staunch I don't need affection attitude- mostly because I had to with the last guy. He told me he can't believe the way I have been treated in past relationships and it makes him sad to think about but that he's glad in a way because it meant he got to meet me.

He is a bit old fashioned and opens car doors for me , I didn't think I would but I think I really like that.

Although there has been no sex yet the connection already is so different to anything I've experienced.

Sorry for the soppy post but I'm just so excited that I needed to share it.

:)