• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Inspirational quotes

Remember, life is kind of like a party. You invite a lot of people, some leave early, some stay all night, some laugh with you, some laugh at you, and some show up really late. But in the end, after the fun, there are a few who stay to help you clean up the mess. And most of the time, they aren’t even the ones who made the mess. These people are your real friends in life. They are the ones who matter most.

via: www.marcandangel.com

I invite you to take a minute to dig up a good quote--something vibrant you just have to share--and post it on this thread. My bro-in-law says: it is so freakin easy to focus on the negative... the challenge is to focus on the positive, but it's a rewarding challenge.

There's another blog called tinybuddha.com

I found this slice of brilliance there...

Identify your biggest fans, and then nurture those relationships.

No (wo)man is an island—meaning, you can’t do it all on your own. Sometimes all you need is a little reassurance, and your biggest fans are the people who do just that for you. You first need to identify your biggest fans—the friends, family members, and peers who think you’re the cat’s meow, and who have always been there for you. Friend’s who tell you that you’re awesome, just because. Then, put your energy into fostering deeper and lasting relationships with these people. We all have them, so nurture those relationships and draw strength and confidence from them.

Great idea Carlos!

My son asked me for wise quote for his tattoo. When I thought he was ready I gave him this...he had it tattood on his chest and says it the best thing to make him always think about what he thinks and how it affects his life.

"Watch your thoughts for they become your words

Watch your words for they become your actions

Watch your actions for they become your character

Watch your character for it bcomes your destiny"

• Thanks 1

I read this quote at the Herpes Opportunity weekend seminar, lelani. Nice synchronicity. ;)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

I have a whole treasure trove of quotes, but this is the latest one I found:

"To get up each morning with the resolve to be happy is to set our own conditions to the events of each day. To do this is to condition circumstances, instead of being conditioned by them. Think positively and masterfully, with confidence and faith; and life becomes more secure, more fraught with action, richer in achievement and experience. Without hesitation treat people as if they are what they ought to be, and you can help them become what they are capable of becoming."

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Fuck it, here are some other goodies. I can't help it. ;)

Notice, too, that these quotes apply to everything, yet when you think about them in terms of having herpes, they are right on.

"Only love can break your heart." — Neil Young song

"Speak of your experiences. It normalizes it for the masses." — Lee Harris

"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strength."

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey." — Kenji Miyazawa

"Suffering is given to you that you might open your eyes to the truth." — Anthony Demello

"The truth you believe and cling to makes you unavailable to hear anything new." — Pema Chodron

"Change your thoughts, and you change your world." - Norman Vincent Peale

"Somewhere someone is looking for exactly what you have to offer."

"New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings." — Lao Tzu

"Problems are a sign of life. The only people who don't have problems live in the cemetery." - Norman Vincent Peale

• Like 1

Helpful resources:

"We rarely lose friends and lovers, we just gradually figure out who our real ones are. So when people walk away from you, let them go. Your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you. It doesn’t mean they are bad people; it just means that their part in your story is over."

from www.marcandangel.com

• Like 4

Here are some others I looooove (and yes, I am a quote whore):

"People are disturbed not by things but by the view they take of them." — Epictus

"A great attitude does much more than turn on the lights in our worlds; it seems to magically connect us to all sorts of serendipitous opportunities that were somehow absent before the change." — Earl Nightingale

"Only the weak are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong." — Leo Buscaglia

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done." – Thomas Jefferson

"The world needs you now. Not when you're perfect."

"The good news is that what you are looking for, you already have. Who has introduced us to us? We're always being introduced to somebody else. No one asks, "By the way, have you met yourself?" Meeting yourself is the difference between being free and being stuck. If you don't want to meet yourself, you are stuck with yourself. The day you want to meet yourself, you become free." — Prem Rawat

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher."

“You fail because you do not see the possibility of success.” —Obi Wan Kenobi

Helpful resources:

Sometimes things must change so you can change. Sometimes you must break a little so you can get a peek inside to see what an awesome powerhouse you are. Sometimes mistakes must be made so wisdom can be earned. Sometimes you must overcome heartache so you can begin to follow your heart again.

[www.marcandangel.com]

"Being vulnerable doesn't have to be threatening. Just have the courage to be sincere, open and honest. This opens the door to deeper communication all around. It creates self-empowerment and the kind of connections with others we all want in life. Speaking from the heart frees us from the secrets that burden us. These secrets are what make us sick or fearful. Speaking truth helps you get clarity on your real heart directives".

Headaches, backaches, stomachaches, yeast or other types of infections, pimples -- these are all code for "I'm tired! Stop beating me up! Get some sleep, put down that third appletini and leave your work at work! If you keep going on like this, I will really break and you will not be able to move!"

Hm... was genital HSV diagnosis a 'yield' sign?

• Like 1

When you squeeze an orange, you'll always get orange juice to come out. What comes out is what's inside. The same logic applies to you: when someone squeezes you, puts pressure on you, or says something unflattering or critical, and out of you comes anger, hatred, bitterness, tension, depression, or anxiety, that is what's inside. If love and joy are what you want to give and receive, change your life by changing what's inside.

Wayne Dyer

while we are sharing quotes: this is one I wrote on my own just through journaling my thoughts about life:

"Life is all about learning lessons and each time you think you have learned enough or the most you could after a tragedy, you have not. There is so much to learn that each day is a new day and there are new things to constantly be learning and expanding knowledge. Life can seem very unfair at times, it can even seem that it is falling apart, but there are brighter days and a bright future ahead because within each moment comes the next and that much can change in that little amount of time."

- do not ever be "complete" with your journey especially relating with herpes because there is a reason it happened to each and every one of us. we may not be ready to accept it or or know the reason yet, and that is ok because life is constantly moving forward and anything can change at any instant. always look ahead- at least try to!

I don't recall where I found this but I have it posted in my kitchen where I can read it every day--

Stop. Revelation. Cue the spotlight: There’s nothing wrong with me.

And there’s nothing wrong with you.

Here’s how I know both of these statements are true:

You’re playing the game of life as best you know how, and trying to get better every day. You can’t possibly do someone else’s best, so there’s no point in stressing about it.

You make mistakes like everyone else, which allows you to learn as you go. That means you’re doing what you should be.

You’re unique, whether you’re introverted or outgoing, book smart or street smart, creative or technical—the list goes on and on. You’re the world’s only opportunity to know a person just like you. The only hope to share what only you can.

There’s no such thing as the way you should be. If you do what you enjoy and don’t harm other people, you’re living a beautiful life.

You will never become someone—you are someone right now, whether you influence millions of people or mean the world to just one person. Your impact is powerful, whether you realize it or not.

If someone hurts you, you don’t deserve it. No one does. End of conversation.

You feel emotions and respond to them. That’s the way this whole humanity things works. If you could stand to improve the way you respond, newsflash: everyone could.

You have a pulse right now, and it’s your choice what you do with it. There’s no right or wrong answer. (Unless what you want is to maim a puppy or something equally perverse.)

You choose what you think is best, or else you wouldn't choose it. As you get new information and grow stronger and smarter, you’ll make different choices.

You are beautiful, inside and out.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

This is Bible based and is for all victims of sexual abuse, sexual abusers, and/or those who know either of the first two mentioned: http://feeds.feedburner.com/WhiteHorseInn. Check out the one titled Sexual Abuse & The Gospel of Grace.

It is not a quote, it is a 36 minute podcast, but speaks a good word to those who need hope, like me! Amen.

Happy New Year to one and all!

I am thankful for this blog!!!! Thank you, ADRIAL and all others involved!

Great thread Carlos! I love this and use it almost daily.

Bodhisattva Aspiration

May whatever arises in my life... whatever circumstances... whatever situations

May this serve the awakening of my mind and heart

May this serve the awakening of compassion and wisdom

Came across another by Karen Louise Erdrich, known as Louise Erdrich, who is an American author of novels, poetry, and children's books featuring Native American heritage.

“Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness. Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.”