• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Something has drastically changed with my HSV

I'm new to this forum but not herpes unfortunately. Here is a brief back ground of my HSV history and then I will explain my issue. I'm in my late forties and have had HSV1 on my lips since I was a pre teen so were looking at probably forty years. I remember all the kids back then getting cold sores. I also have HSV2 on the genitals, I got that in May 2003, so about 11 years ago.

The HSV1 has been a non issue for years. I get a cold sore on the lower lip left side of the face every few years at most. The HSV2 initial OB was not too bad. There was no warnings at all. I went to shower one day and there it was, probably 10 small blister on the shaft. I got swabbed and diagnosed and it cleared up in a week and a half and was quickly followed by another OB and this one was much milder. After that I only had a few other mild ones and then a four year stretch of nothing. I was not on any meds or doing anything special. So herpes was not a big problem for me at all.

That all changed late January. It's like some one flicked a switch and everything changed. For the last six weeks it's been non stop BS. I have had 4 OB on the genitals for sure and a few things that I think are OB's but are different than any I have ever had before and they are not in the usual spot. The oral herpes is also become active and for the first time in forty years I got a cold sore on the right side of the mouth. My tongue has been very sensitive and there have been quite a few little bumps on it.

Something has drastically changed here. I haven't had any illnesses or life changing events. I just don't see anything different that could trigger this. It's acting like a whole different infection. Most of the info I have read on herpes says that once you are infected the anti bodies your body produces to fight the infection will provide immunity from getting infected again but this not 100%. It's looking like this is what has happened to me unless some one here can shed some light on this for me.

@SteveJ

Hello and Welcome!

Sounds like your immune system got weakened somehow - and who knows what may have triggered it. And given how quiet you say your OB's have been, it may be that you had the minimum antibodies to fight it off at the level it was at... now that it broke through, you may be re-establishing the antibodies.

I would see how things go for a few more weeks - if it doesn't change then perhaps there is something else compromising your immune system.... the issue with your tongue won't be directly caused by the Herpes. I wonder if your whole digestive system is out of kilter - you may have some kind of systemic yeast infection going on. If you can get a Probiotic yogurt drink, get one, and swill it in your mouth for a few minutes.. sip on it a lot for a day and see if that helps the tongue. If it does, you may have a yeast imbalance going on which may be compromising the rest of your system.

Certainly if it continues, go to the Dr and get checked out. A drastic change in health warrants an inquiry into the possible cause.

Peace

@WCSDancer2010

Hi there and thanks for the welcome.

I have been doing a lot of running and heavy stair work, I do over 100KM a week but this hasn't caused a problem before. The winter here has been beyond ridiculously cold, like nothing I have seen in over twenty years so this may be causing the immune system problems.

As for the anti bodies being low because of no OB for a while I didn't know about this. I just assumed that I had produced lots of them and that's why my OB's have been few and far between. So not having many OB's is not a good thing?

Yeah - we've been pretty frozen this year too ... and it is definitely making a lot of people sick. As far as not having OB's and how it affects your immune function - I'm not sure but if your body is not fighting it then something has changed. The difficulty is trying to figure out what it is.

Of course, as we get older, things change and our bodies process things differently. Women are most affected by hormonal changes but maybe something is shifting for you in that department. :/