• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

How do you know when a herpes outbreak is starting?

I had my first OB that was a single itchy sore bump, then second a week later that was 3 small itchy sore bumps, then a 3rd a week after that which was 2 small itchy sore bumps. I did not have any symptoms prior to warn me of an OB in fact I did not know at the time that I had HSV2. Now I know after a blood test confirmed the worst news ever, I am just about to start my period and have become very itchy... Could this be a sign that an OB is on its way?

@lostandconfused

Yes - it could be what are called the "prodrome" symptoms and its not uncommon to have an OB around the time of your period, especially in your first year or so. It may take awhile for you to recognize your symptoms... and over time your OB's should get fewer and further between. It takes awhile for the body to learn to fight it off and suppress it.

And honey, with all due respect, Herpes is not the "worst news ever". Stage 4 cancer is the worst news ever. Watching your wife become consumed by Alzheimers is the worst news ever. Losing a child is the worst news ever. In all reality, Herpes is a nuisance skin condition in a really awkward place, that's all. Yes, it can make for some difficult conversations with those who are close to us, Yes, it can be a royal pain in the arse (literally) at times.

There are sooo many things that are far, far worse in life. I know it may not feel like it now, but I've lived with it virtually my whole life and I only think about it alot now because of my work here... I'm 100% "out" to the world and it hasn't really made a difference in my friendships, my work, or my life.

(((HUGS))) my friend ...