• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

My Gifted story

2.5 years ago, my husband left me... and 6 months later i found out I was gifted. I prefer to use term Gifted instead of the herpes term... but truly imho it is a gift. I have met some of the most wonderful people through my gift... Yes.. it can get lonely.. but i am dealing with that and a wonderful array of friends truly helps. Dating sites for the gifted are great... but still not with the number of singles as Match. I bet eventually it will all change. I don't use this as a crutch in any way... I have a fabulous career... two children... I date men with and without the gift. I find gifted men are far more humble than non.. another pleasant surprise.

3 weeks ago.. I had another scary blow... which is far more devasting to my health than the gift.. I was diagnosed with Hypoglycemea; precursor to diabetes. So.. I will follow doctors orders and change my diet and quit drinking... not that I drank that much.

Life is what we make of it... I choose to make it wonderful. My close friends all know about my gift... they are all that matter to me. Have a blessed Day....

What a refreshing post! I'm sorry to hear about your Hypoglycemea but at least you can now nip that in the bud. I had to be tested for diabetes recently because of some blood spots behind my eye. All was well. The blood spots went away. I love your attitude about your gift. You are definitely ahead of the game.