• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

2 Herpes-Positive Partners

So I am newly diagnosed with HSV-2. I have never had an outbreak. I have a new partner and he has had one. With 2 h2+ ppl is there a need to take precautions as far as condoms for vaginal and oral sex or dental dams. with NO OB present? I am unaware of if 2+ ppl can make their conditions worst and since I have never had an OB break I dont know if there are different strains of the virus that can cause me to have one by being "reinfected" by a different strain vaginally or orally?

HELP!

Should be fine. If your infections are established, then there's no worries about autoinoculation or transfering the virus to another part of your partner's body.

Condoms, dental dams, and other precautions aren't necessary provided you've both been tested for every STD and the tests show up free and clear at least 3 months after you've been in a monogamous relationship together.

There are different strains of HSV2, and HSV1. There was a study done back in 1980 that examined this. It was discovered that while possible, it is extremely, extremely rare to become infected with another strain once your body has built up the antibodies to either. It's also not known whether there's a correlation between the different strains and the frequency of OB's and symptoms.

It's not something doctors/scientists have really studied. It might be a question Adrial could ask one of the experts he's got spirited away within his Rolodex.

Orngpeelmafia

The OP is asking about 2 people with H2 so in THIS case, yes, they are safe as far as the possibility of "reinfecting" each other....

It would be a totally different scenario if one had H1 and one had H2. ;)

What Herry said here is the most important thing for this couple

"Condoms, dental dams, and other precautions aren't necessary provided you've both been tested for every STD and the tests show up free and clear at least 3 months after you've been in a monogamous relationship together."

My bf and I are both HSV2 positive. We dont use condoms and we both perform oral. If one of us has prodome symptoms, I make him wear condoms. If one of us has an OB, we just dont have sex. If either one of us have prodome/an OB we dont give each other oral.

Im actually quite comfortable with him and we're very open with each other. Just bc Im saying I give my bf oral when no prodome/OB is present, I do know there is a 2% chance I could get it orally, and so does he. This is what Im saying: be aware of the risks of how you can contract it a long with the chances...2% chance of getting it orally is very low but possible....Im not gonna lie: receiving oral feels awesome and loving someone in different ways is awesome too but just be aware of the risks and precautions you need to take. We dont take suppressives but both take acyclovir when an OB is present I'd be paranoid if he was hsv2 negative. Its taken me a while to get my labido back, but Im so happy its back and my loving bf takes awesome care of me!!! <3

I did catch HSV2 from him, I was aware that he had it but was very naive because we both thought that just wearing condoms would be ok and here I am now with HSV2 but we're working thru' it and we're also in the process of buying a house together. Trust me, when he puts a ring on my finger, I will be a success story on here too :-)

After i contracted hsv2 from him, i knew he felt at fault but i knew the risks., it actually brought a lil relief in our relationship ... We didnt have to continually obsess about if I was goi g to get it or not: we both have it. Were dealing with it and were managing thru it :-)

~~TINA