• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Baby steps

So something happened the other day that I really wanted to share with you guys. My boyfriend came home and started telling me about his day and about how someone he knew randomly told him they had herpes and how down they were and have been since they found out. Well he told them they should calm down because from what he understands it's not that big of a deal because he knows other people (teehee that's me!) that have it who lead normal lives and have normal relationships. He told them to look up different support forums too!!! I don't think he recommended this site by name but just the fact that he didn't make it a big deal and sent someone in this direction...he didn't have to he could've just said nothing. But he knows how much this place and you all mean to me and he knows how much this has helped me and wanted to do that for someone else.

One step at a time this is being made to be seen as what it really is and that moment made me realize change is possible :)

((: I tell people who come to me about there herpes about this forum. I said that this place is a big support group for me and for other people I know. You guys mean so much to me and created a family I never thought I could have. A family full of H+ with great attitudes !!

One step at a time !

Glad to hear people turning the stigma around. Agree with @victoria. I have been at dinner with a girl friend and she kept trying to talk to me and I was browsing up on here. I literally was like hey hold on, someone is upset on my forums I go too. Shut up for a second and let me type something out. She was like oh... Okay. Go ahead. My friends know how important this site is to me. Glad others are trying to change the stigma. Good for your boyfriend!