• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

First herpes outbreak

So heres whats been going on. This is my first OB. The itchyness and Pordomes have been going on for almost a month now. I have only gotten blisters and thats it. The weird thing is it hasn't been itchy or down there or anything but everything else has like my legs, back , arms, ankles but not down there except the normal man itch. I am wondering how long will this is suppose to last?

It varies for us all. My first OB was damn near silent and I had only one blister that I only noticed when it was healing. Second OB looked like Freddy Kreuger had gone to town on my private bits and I was sicker than a dog for over a week. Since then I've had prodomes constantly, but no blisters. It varies for us all. But, it should settle down in time. A month? Two months? No way to know. Hang in there.

I know it sounds damn near impossible but stop thinking about it. I find sometimes the itch is in my head. If I'm thinking about herpes and all my symptoms and start stressing next thing you know I have and itch in my downstairs! Keep and eye on things but relax...the more you stress the more you're giving power to your herp a derp...seriously though stressing out will lower your immune system giving herpes a clear shot to the outside world. I started trying to meditate or read for an hour a day to keep my mind off things...give myself a break. Between that and some positive thinking when I started to go down the negative thinking road my itches went down considerably.

This is just my two cents :) maybe it'll work for you too but if it doesn't eventually your body and your herpes will settle down and learn to coexist and give you some much deserved peace!

OrngPeelMafia is right ! I have lived my life mostly in stress. It lowers the immune system.. Not only can it cause you to have an outbreak it can also cause you to get sick. I know that I get sick a lot because of my stress levels ! The only thing you can really do is take the steps you need to so you can make it less painful and make it go away faster and stay calm !

It is not as easy as it seems !