• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Disclosed herpes to someone i didnt even really know. Totally inspiration

So imet someone today on a dating kinda type of app. He's lived around the block from me my whole life and we barley met not even 24 hours ago and had lunch and also started talking to him not even 24 hours ago. We've been texting all day he's super chill and rad and he thought the same. Well the conversation got a little sexual and before it went further itold him ihad to be honest and itold him ihad h and told him how it happened. Turns out he knows who my H giver is and hates the dude in the first place. Well he was very accepting and he even called me his hero. Wow someone actually said I'm their hero for going threw what Idid and getting H. This is an inspiration. You guys H isn't a scary thing. It's something we deal with but it's not a huge deal like everyone thinks. I'm comfortable enough to be ok with having it and disclosing to people. You have to realize if people can't accept you for having it then F them. They arnt worth your joy or time. Ihope that this helps anyone in need. Ilove you all and thank you for being here for me whenever ifeel down or need help. If it weren't for this group idk how iWould have made it this far with having it

@Sayyywhatt

YESSS! And right now YOU are MY hero. I'm smiling from ear to ear... because THIS is the movement I hope to see take place. We are all adults here and we should be able to have adult conversations around this stuff. If we did, imagine what would happen? The stigma would be reduced. Fewer people would be getting Herpes (which, lets admit, although we have it we also want to stop what is in effect an epidemic of sorts simply because of ignorance!). People would feel free to have the "std talk" with less discomfort around it before they got intimate. And those that got it wouldn't be sitting in a dark room for months thinking their life had just ended.

This is beautiful. Yes... H is only as scary as YOU make it out to be.... and yes, you don't need the jerks of the world who insist on being ugly about it in your life. Why waste your time on them? Because if they are that negative about that they will be judging you on a lot more..... and who needs that?

(((BIG HUGS))))

Thank you !

After I did my interview with Adrial I was able to disclose it with people. I mean it is what it is. It is apart of life. I am positive about it, and now other people are positive, and I am able to tell them the truth about Herpes. I am able to teach others. Every time I learn something new, I teach others.

Yes the thing is to learn to not shut down that opening up - because it's not always comfortable to burst open through the shell that surrounds those beautiful petals.... not knowing what is on the other side. Not knowing if there will be sun, or sleet, or rain to welcome us. Just trusting that the sun WILL come out... if we are just patient. That the rain will nourish us if we let it. And the cold will just be something to overcome.... ;)