• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Change Your Words, Change Your World

Yes! Love this video, Dancer.

Here's an article from our blog that fits nicely with this message:

http://herpeslife.com/herpes-wordplay-the-power-of-words/

... and this powerful TED talk:

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! The timing of these is so funny...was just sharing with a friend, the power of a simple statetment he made; and now again....the power of words and the ability they have to shape how I perceive myself; and this annoying virus. Words are such an incredibly powerful thing. It reminds me that it is so important to take care with the words we share with others and at this moment in my life, the words I say to myself. "Healing is a journey, not a destination"...thanks for sharing those powerful videos.

• 10 months later...

Got to love TedTalks, thanks for sharing! Got a few goodies out of watching that:

1. The question is not whether you are going to meet adversity but how you are going to meet it.

2. It is not the strongest or most intelligent species that survive, but the ones that are most adaptable to change.

3. The human ability to survive and to flourish is driven by the struggle of the human spirit, through conflict into transformation.

:)

@ positive #2 is one that I find myself having to explain to really ignorant people a lot. they think survival of the fittest means the biggest muscles. I always like to use the wolf v coyote example. wolves can beat the hell out of a coyote, how are they doing? and coyotes? hmm, wolves are specialized predators who need lots of space, a pack, and large game. coyotes can fly solo ( or in groups) live in human areas and will eat garbage ( and the occasional fru fru "dog"). I would argue the intelligent part IF the intelligence isn't ridged and understands the need for adaptation. after all change is THE only constant in the universe.