• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Very young and lied to...help..

I'm very young. Not even 18 yet. Yes, I'm too young to have sex but my second time EVER having sex, I got herpes. The guy swore to me he was a virgin. She either he lied or was born with it. I had a boyfriend I was willing to have sex with while I was in the dark about me having herpes. I could have gave it to him. I'm in high school. I thought no way I could have any kind of STD because It was only my second time and he was a virgin. I will never forget December 14, 2013. The day I went to the doctor because of a "yeast infection" well what I thought was. I can still see my mom crying in the corner as the doctor tells me I have herpes. I have only told my sister and one guy. He is my best friend. I haven't known him for a long time but when I told him be acted like it wasn't a big deal. He still loves me. He is the only thing that kept me from killing myself. He makes me feel like I'm here for a reason. I love him with all my heart. I may even be in love with him. He might be the only guy I can EVER get. I just don't think it's fair if I give him herpes if we do end up together. I don't want that. I want him. But I don't want to ruin his chances like a low life bastard did to me. I just don't know what to do...

Gosh Livinglife.... my heart goes out to you.... (((HUGS))) - I promise you things WILL be ok.

You see, I'm 52 and I got H from my FIRST sexual experience when I was 17 ... and I'm living proof that life goes on even with Herpes. I gave it to my ex-hubby (because back then noone talked about it and I just thought I had a rash) and he never held it against me. I've had 2 H- partners and yes, while I have had a few rejections, I've figured out with them that they "were not that into me ... they just wanted to GET into me". And I don't need a jerk like that in my life ;)

Regarding the guy who gave it to you. He *could* have been a virgin. You didn't say which variety you got (HSV 1 or 2) but if it's HSV 1 then he may have got it from oral sex - or if you had oral sex, he could have given it to you that way.... 56-85% of people have Oral Herpes by the time they are young adult. I got Oral herpes around age 3... likely from some Auntie kissing me during an OB. If he had been born with it, he would have been one sick baby... so that's pretty doubtful.

I thought no way I could have any kind of STD because It was only my second time and he was a virgin.

*Tough Love warning here.... so don't take this personally, but you need to hear this*

Honey... really??? How many times do you think you have to have sex, or how many partners do you think you have to have, to get an STD? It's the same crazy thinking that ends up getting girls pregnant. With ANY STD or pregnancy, it only takes one time. Period. And just a perspective here.... you *could* have gotten pregnant. At 17, talk about a life altering event??? You can go to school with Herpes - it's a LOT harder with a baby......

He might be the only guy I can EVER get.

This always makes me smile. You think you got the one and only guy in the whole world who will accept you with Herpes??? You got one of MANY who will accept you for YOU. YOU see, Herpes shows you who the REAL men are out there and the jerks who "just want to get into you" will run for the hills. Good riddance I say! :)

Sounds like your friend is a good guy. Just take it slow with him (that's another bonus about Herpes... you get to know potential partners much better!) Read all you can on here...esp the Handouts. Learn about the supressive drugs and other ways to protect him. And then come back here and ask any questions you have.

Handouts:

http://bit.ly/h-opp-diagnosis-handout

http://bit.ly/h-opp-disclosure-handout

Disclosure e-book:

http://eepurl.com/b4IPP

Good luck... wish I could give you a hug right now.... but you WILL be ok :)

Thank you! I really needed that! I guess it's just hard finding out you have herpes at a young age and I know you know how I feel. Every time I see the guy I think that have it to me, I just want to cry and yell why.. Why me? But I'm trying to look at it in a whole different way. Looking at the bright side. Hey maybe he doesn't know. The ironic thing is, we have health together and around the time we had sex we were talking about STDs. I just wish he could have told me. But I'm living with herpes and I accept it.