• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

It's official that I have herpes! Almost.

I went to the doc yesterday and got myself swabbed. She said she officially can't make a diagnosis without pathology, but "it looks like herpes and I'm convinced enough based on visual examination to go ahead and start you on medication.".

Fabulous.

I told her I haven't had much discomfort and asked if that was a good sign that future outbreaks will be mild. She said, "You haven't had discomfort because you caught it early and nothing has formed into an ulcer. It is likely to be mild IF you continue to treat your outbreaks early." So basically, who the hell knows what this shit is capable of turning into if we leave it alone... LOL

So I started meds yesterday. I'm two doses in and today I'm feeling worse... Wondering if that is normal... ??

Well, I have to say, it's obvious she doesn't know the reality - some people just don't have "bad" outbreaks. Some have horrid outbreaks. Some break out once and never again. And some NEVER break out ever. And there is no rhyme or reason to it.

So how to you define "worse"? More blisters? Nausea? More OB?

It seems some get nausea with Valtrex. If it continues, ask to be switched to Acyclovir or Famciclovir... some people seem to deal with them better...

At least you will know when the swab comes back which one you have and then you can deal with it. It gives you *some* control back to know what you are dealing with and that always helps...

(((HUGS)))

Worse - Up until now I've had the blisters with no real symptoms other than mild discomfort in one small area. Today it feels like every area touched by natural moisture is razor burned. And I haven't shaved since I noticed the bumps so it is not razor burn.

I'm sure it is the hsv. My mouth felt like I had burned it with a hot drink for days. I had tiny little blisters, but also areas that just got really red and inflamed and those were the areas that felt burned. So I must have that going on down below now.

It would have to be hsv-2. I have clusters of tiny little blisters inside my mouth. Nothing outside. They only last an hour or two before they start healing and another group crops up elsewhere. Right now I have them inside my bottom lip and under my tongue. :/

Thank you. This has been so messed up!

I ran over a half marathon yesterday. I tripped on mile 3 and scraped myself up bad. I told the guy that gave me this, "Ok, so, for future reference... During an outbreak, throw yourself with plenty of bare skin down a hill moving at least at an 8:30 pace. Suddenly your crotch is your most comfortable body part. LOL"