• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Here we go again just venting

Again I'm just here to vent so just ignore of you wan go woke up this morning to some itching and sore legs so now I'm freaking out that another outbreak is starting just in time to ruin my Christmas am New Years I'm such a worrier and I think every thing will trigger an outbreak I think I'm making myself crazy but this time I really feel like it's the start of something there's no pain or itching now but my body is so sore I've been taking lysine 1000mg a day since October so hopefully that has been helping I'm just so tired of worrying when it's gonna happen again I really really hope this isn't an ob :(

Sab123,

My good thoughts are with you. I know the feeling if being worried constantly but have found that is a huge stressor that can bring an outbreak on. The mind is a strange and powerful place. Sickness is as much in the mind as the body. Women have been able to convince themselves they are pregnant when they aren't and have true pregnancy symptoms, just think you can use the min mind to tell yourself not to worry, take care if your body and believe in your health. I was so thoroughly convinced I was having an OB after disclosing recently I went to the Dr who found nothing, not even the bumps I was SO sure were there because I just told someone I never get OB's. The Dr was kind but reminded me stress is a huge trigger for not only OB's but for colds, flus, and overall hinderance of our daily functions. Vent away, clear your mind, take your lysine and (easier said than done) try not to fret too much. The holidays can be intense on their own.

Still no sign and no feeling of an ob as of yet thank god but now I think I'm getting a cold :( hopefully it doesn't bring a friend along with it if you know what I mean anyway just updating dnt one who cares lol hope everyone had a great Christmas and please keep my health in your thoughts as I do yours hoping to not have to go throught it again for a while fingers crossed xoxo

@sab123 do you always get an OB when you have a cold? I'm just trying to understand the virus better, as I've never had an OB (that I know of) I was really sick with the flu last week & had my period at the same time and didn't have an OB or feel anything odd with my body.

-I hope you're doing well!

I've only had one outbreak and when I got it I had a fever and minor cold but this feels like a full on cold when I had my outbreak the dr told me I was feeling sick because of the virus but I was also in pain when I peed for 3 days before that happens and then 48 hours before I went to te dr I wa screaming In pain they say the virus attacks wen your immune system is down so some do get outbreaks during a cold and some don't that's y most ppl who have oral herpes get a cold sore when they are sick I'm jut hoping this is a regular cold with no relation so far there is no sign of anything thank god cross my fingers

Yadira:

One of the symptoms of Herpes is flu-like symptoms - so your "flu" could have been your prodrome of an outbreak. If you find yourself getting those symptoms when you have your period, that may be your "sign" that you are shedding..

ANY stress (and your period is a stressor) can bring on an OB. One of the "positive" things about Herpes is that, if you let it, H will tell you when you need to cut stuff out of your life that is putting too much stress on your body. Yes, we may need to deal with periods, but if you cut out most of your other stresses, then you can help to cut back/reduce the OB's that come with your period.

Right now for the 2 in a half days I've had a cold congested and with a dry scratchy throat but no sign of an outbreak during my 1st outbreak I felt like this for less then 24 hours but not as severe and I got an outbreak all I had was body aches a little stuffy nose and minor dry throat now I can't stop sneezing and blowing my nose I feel like a truck hit me I'm actually feeling a little better this morning I haven't really had to blow my nose I'm just still run down and a lil stuffy I'm hoping it's just a cold