• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Just a little something!!

I have thought about you all a lot recently. Although I haven't posted, I feel like I have a whole new family waiting for me when I need them. I have struggled with the best of you. Every day I tread along, slowing down to take note of things I never did before. While I do not feel blessed to have this little bugger of a gift, I do feel lucky to still be me and experience the same things I was always able to experience before. I have a friend who became a quadriplegic at 19 whenever he wrecked his dirt bike on his last lap of a practice round before going back home that evening. If he can sit there and tell me that his life is better now than it would have been otherwise, then I figured I really should re-evaluate my situation.

Every day seems to be a roller coaster since my diagnosis in July, but things must continue and we each find our own coping mechanisms. I often find myself doing the same things I used to, but with less joy, and in creeps the thought, "Everything in life has a solution, except this ONE thing that I just had to get stuck with." ....But there are so many things that people cannot bounce back from and the big "H" should not be one of them. I know things won't ever exactly be the same and in the beginning it may seem like the absolute end of the world, but there is opportunity in everything- as Adrial constantly reminds us :) He truly was a blessing to talk to, as I have dealt with this completely alone. Maybe one day I'll share my story-that is if I don't sell it to Lifetime first :-p

We all deserve happiness. There is no progress in dwelling. This year brought a new meaning to life, in more ways than one. Despite whatever our struggles may be, there is more good in life than bad.

Embrace it. Take chances. Live.

If nothing else, take into this next year a new mind-set. & Take just a minute to watch this commercial. =]

All the bad things that can happen in life, they can't stop us from making our lives....GOOD!

AMEN!

For most of us, we got herpes because we were looking for love, for comfort, for companionship, for release, for escape, whatever. We would not be berating ourselves for getting bit by a snake because we went for a walk in the woods, or because we were in a car accident because we went out for a drive to see the Fall colors.

So why berate yourself for getting Herpes? :)

Thank you for this @elle789

Peace

Hi elle789,

Welcome to the forum, and THANK YOU for your beautiful and uplifting post! You really captured how transformative a herpes diagnosis can be in a lot of ways, not least of which because it makes us re-evaluate how lucky or unlucky we feel in life, and reinterpret our struggles as the steps we take towards self-acceptance.

Just as everyone deserves happiness, everyone hurts sometimes. Thanks for the reminder to embrace every part of life, including the pain insofar as experiencing it helps us accept our imperfections and appreciate the good things more. I really enjoyed reading this, and hope to hear more from you!