• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I finally accepted that I have HSV2

I was first Dx'd with HSV2 on my son's 16thbday, Oct 29, 2013. Although, God gave me a gift 16 years ago...I acquired another one, so to speak, on that day: HSV2

November was a month in which it was soo hard to be positive and thankful for things and ppl in my life (i usually have a gratitude journal in Nov but I couldnt compose one and keeping mental track of it didnt work for me)...I felt like I had to dig really deep and I did.

The physical pain was a lot to bear and it was hard to meditate bc I felt the physical pain kept anchoring me to my physical body and I couldnt tap into my "higher self" ~~oh god, I sound like a hippie; however, I get the feeling that Im not the only one that practices these types of principles.

I was so depressed, angry, confused, panicky, physically sore. I prayed to HP (higher power...I call it God) and I literally gave up on spiritually fighting this disease. Oddly Ive felt like my high belief in God/spiritually strong sense has helped me thru a lot of things but I plum gave up...I couldnt change a thing: i kept reciting the serenity prayer and I stopped reciting it when I gave up

After i felt like I spiritually gave up, my body FINALLY started healing!!!!! No more herpes itch, no more hemorrhoids, no more blisters, no more painful urination, no more nausea, no more temps....My 1st OB seemed to have afflicted me in some how/some shape for 3 weeks!!

It is now Dec. Hindsight, I remember something from church: "he (god, HP, or the "force") empties us to make new and to replenish us" maybe not the exact quote, but u get the idea ...Then I started to remember something but before I mention it, please understand something:

sometimes I mentally translate christ, god, or christian lingo to HP/the force bc Im not super religious with Christian faith and Im trying to appeal to ppl from all walks of life bc I believe that there is more than one way to ascension/growth process of reaching self actualization with life...any who, Im totally rambling...

The other quote that was ringing thru' my ears is that "christ (or the universe) makes the difference in all things...

My point being is this...I had to completely empty out my spiritual, emotional, and mental garbage before healing could occur.

As a Reiki 2 practitioner, this was truely an aha moment for me...Although I am simply a vessel to facilitate healing/helping others, this was a pivital lesson for me in my ascention process with Reiki. Ive read numerous stories about the "unhealed healer" and now I understand the importance of acceptance with the healing process and that every individuals healing time is on its own time...just like H is different according to an individuals immune system: we're each uniquely made!!

Im still a lil nervous about coming out of the herpes closet bc my job trade is a Licensed Massage Therapist and I am afraid of losing clients bc they may be scared that Id contaminate them. I know coming out the H closet will happen with time

However, I do know how my spirit wants to break free and FEAR is

F ALSE

E vidence

A ppearing

R eal

This is a whole new area of my life and I do know this dis-ease will weed out all kinds of ppl that should be there in the first place: whether its friends , fam, or clients The universe always provides a means of provision but idk if Im ready yet but at this point Im glad Ive had the release and Ive accepted it. Im very glad that Ive come to terms with it.

Namaste

Tina

<3

"I had to completely empty out my spiritual, emotional, and mental garbage before healing could occur."

YES! Eureka! Love it!

"Ive read numerous stories about the "unhealed healer" and now I understand the importance of acceptance with the healing process and that every individuals healing time is on its own time"

Acceptance. Yes. That is sooo important.

"Im still a lil nervous about coming out of the herpes closet bc my job trade is a Licensed Massage Therapist and I am afraid of losing clients bc they may be scared that Id contaminate them"<>

I'm a LMT (and Reiki 1) too and I have told almost all my regular clients and every one has been supportive. In fact, one revealed to me she found out she had it a couple years ago (she's been married for a very long time so it was a shock) and I was only the 2nd person she has told. As LMT's we hold a sacred space for people and I was so happy to be able to give her a place where she could talk and feel safe. I gave her this site link because I hope she will come on and realize she is not alone.

So great to see you working through all this! Great work! (((HUGS)))

This is beautiful, tNd ... :)

Being able to accept something that won't change allows us to actually take the power back that we had been unconsciously giving to that thing. It's a form of denial to worry about how our life will never be the same. The question to ask is "How is my life going to be even better? What is my opportunity here? How can I grow? How can I love deeper than I ever thought possible?" The quality of the questions we ask is more powerful than the circumstances in our lives. That focuses our attention on what we can do as opposed to what we cannot.

I do believe that the power of our thoughts is huge. Self-fulfilling prophecies are scientifically proven. What we focus on becomes bigger. It sounds like in a very real way, your ability to shift from worrying and fear around herpes to positivity and opportunity, the physical manifestations shifted, too. And that only makes sense. I've seen that time and time again in my coaching of people with herpes and through the Herpes Opportunity weekend workshops that such shifts that start in the mind can then have huge energetic, physical, and yes, even spiritual repercussions. It's a ripple effect.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: