• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Here's the thing about rejection

Rejection fucking sucks. In general, when someone we care about disappoints us, we cannot let our own anger and sadness get the better of us. Love empowers us. Love the person who disappoints you. Wish them well on their way. Life is all about free will. I choose you to be my partner or I choose you not to be my partner. I choose you to be my friend on this journey or choose not. I would never want this taken away from me nor would I want that taken away from them. Herpes can never define us. It can only empower us to choose wisely. When I think about all the trials and tribulations that people and life's circumstances, I think .. rather I know, that I choose. I choose. Not them. Not their paranoia. Not their fear. What greatness ever came about from fear. Nothing. Bravery. We are all brave. Be brave. When the anger causes us to lash out and the tears are falling like waterfalls, BE BRAVE. Love you. Love everyone around you. Love is where it all begins. Love is where it all ends. Be good to one another. Be happy for another's triumphs. Our triumph, our comeuppance will come with acceptance. Not theirs. Accepting different views. Accepting that people have their own right to choose. I choose. I choose. It's all about love. It's all about beginning after disappointment. It's all about life. Life is about loving. And, it all starts with loving you then others.

I love your ranting and raving Nic :-) - yes it is about choosing. I learned to choose too - if I was going to be rejected I chose to not be with that person either - they have shown themselves to be someone I don't want in my life if they think H is deal breaker. So in the situation we both choose to not be with each other - for different reasons. I look at it that H is my insurance policy to find the best person and I might have to choose not to be with a few 'rejectors' along the way - but it is my choice as much as theirs and it eliminates people who aren't good for me, which is a good thing...so thank you Herpes!

And I am writing this during an episode that has included a BVI as well (funny how the two go together so easily!) BUT I am with an amazing man who just hugged me and looked after me and understood how I am feeling. There are wonderful people out there who are worth going through rejections for. And H was the decider for him that he wanted to be with me, because I told him about it he was blown away by my integrity and honesty, and my respect for him with telling him. H was the decider for me too because in telling him he showed me who he is...and I was blown away by his integrity and honesty and had total respect for him too.

Rejection hurts for a while but a life time of being with someone who isn't good for you hurts more. x

Lelani, I loved everything you've written and soooo needed to hear that today. M birthday is tomorrow. Celebrations all weekend and no dates lol. But, honestly when I look back I guess I'm really glad I never ended up with any of them. I've had so many horrible dating experiences this year but I'm going to keep on keeping on :) Thank you for sharing. And, btw- love this: "Rejection hurts for a while but a life time of being with someone who isn't good for you hurts more. x"

And, the same to you, love!!! It really is about that elusive place called love. Its compassion. Its vulnerability. Its being there for someone and you (as a participant) have no idea who they are physically. Its just what we perceive as them. This place is love. It's respite. Love you and I know struggle. We all have here. Reach out anytime, love :)

Oh.. and btw... writers (artists actually) .. seek audience. There will be more of this type of artistry/message from me (so selfish) #writingdiva. I promise, Aimee :) Its sorta in my nature, I can't help it, (though I'm in love with it). Shhhh...don't tell :) Please keep reading, love :) I'll most definitely will be back and know you will too. We will help each other. We will become awesome friends here :) xxxooo