• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Going the natural route for herpes treatment

Hey everyone Since being diagnosed with herpes I have been doing a lot of research about natural remedies one in particular olive leaf extract. But my question is what are the recommended dosages? Especially if suffering from herpes? BTW I LOVE THIS COMMUNITY❤️❤️

I've been taking lysine everyday since I thought I might be having an outbreak and i didn't have a full on outbreak. But I don't know if it was actually an outbreak or not. I've had so many weird symptoms down there, I'm not sure if it's the herpes or not. But when I took the lysine the itching went away. I'm definitely going to take it everyday. I'm not sure about starting valtrex or anything. I'd be more inclined if I were in a relationship, but just symptom control, mine are pretty manageable without it.

• 1 month later...

I was talking to a older friend about this and she said that she got herpes over 20 years ago but back then they didnt know what it was so they treated her for gonorrhea which obviously didnt help.

Someone suggested mega dosing on olive leaf and she did it and it got rid of her herpes and she hasnt had an outbreak for 15 years.

Before she was having outbreaks whenever she was rundown.

I'm trying it now and im taking 2 high potency capsules (20,000mg) three times a day for 8 days.

Thought I may as well try it. I know I'd still have the virus but my outbreak are becoming really frequent.

I'll let you know how it goes. Although as I just began a new relationship I am going to go on acyclovir as well.

• 2 years later...

If you keep to a more whole food diet. Cut arginine products and take lysine, it is a good start. I tried to get rid of H once, trying a very rigorous program. It didn't work, but I learned how to force herpes into dormancy without antivirals. I pretty much have had 1 outbreak after being bad about food choice and that's it. Otherwise I am pretty much asymptomatic.. Name of the book is Herpes Cure, but I would not expect to cure it, but control it instead.