• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

waiting on herpes test results

Please someone help me with this..

It started with 1 spot on my vagina but Didnt look like a pimple more like a little hill with a hole in the middle and the lymphnodes in my groin are SUPER swollen I can feel them through my clothes and I can barely bend over, I want to die from the pain Everytime I urinate but not really any tingling or itching. So yesterday it had been a week since it had started and also the day I saw the doc. He did a blood test and took a sample also put me on a med for 5 days. But Everytime Ive used the bathroom today when I pee blood is coming out too! I Dont have a uterus so what is going on??? Ohhhh... And the day I woke up with this thing I also woke up with the worst cold and the worse my vagina feels the worse my cold gets... Someone plz explain what the hell is going on with my body!!!

This to me doesn't sound too much like H. You don't get a cold or cold symptoms it's the flu symptoms you get. The blood in the pee sounds like kidney problems. I'm diabetic and one thing they tell me is if that happens it's a sign of a really bad kidney infection or kidney failure. Not to freak you out but it doesn't seem like herpes to me....

I have hsv 1and on my first outbreak the left side of my inner labia if my vagina was swollen to the point i could still walk but it hurt if i tried to sit with my legs closed. I'm still uncertain if this was my lymph node swollen in my vagina or a super cold sore. anyhow i got a few red raw angry bumps that did remind me of an ingrown hair on my body. I'm not sure about the whole blood in urine thing. i never had that. butvthat was my experience with it. hope it helps u.

@taylormade - Unfortunately he got very wrong information. You CAN pass oral herpes when there is no sign of an outbreak. It's called viral shedding. And 9-18% of the time that there is no outbreak, oral HSV-1 is shedding virus. Over 50% of new genital herpes cases are because of oral sex with cold sores.

Oral sex and herpes: http://herpeslife.com/genital-hsv-1-herpes-and-oral-sex/

Viral shedding rates: http://bit.ly/h-opp-disclosure-handout

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

So I got my results on Monday...

Hsv 1..

And yes caught it through oral. But I still don't get it, the doc talked to me like it was good news! What's good about it? Ill still have it for life and can still pass it. The thought of sex or telling anyone makes me sick to me stomach!! People are so hateful if they don't know about it or know the facts!!

Well, if you're going to compare having genital HSV-1 to genital HSV-2, there's much less of a risk of passing HSV-1 genitally because viral shedding is 80% less (3-5% genital HSV-1 vs. 15-30% genital HSV-2). And hey, you'll be okay. You will tell partners and get past the sick to your stomach thing. :) I promise you. Just stick with it. It's like learning anything new. At first you need to have compassion for yourself being a newbie. Then it'll be a piece of cake after practicing for a bit and being determined to live a full, loving life. You are determined to live a full, loving life, aren't you? ;)

P.S. Yep, some people can be hateful (and others are lovely, and everything in between), but a good practice to get into is 1) don't be hateful back to hateful people (that just perpetuates the hate and you don't feel any better) and 2) don't be hateful to yourself about having herpes (which includes being positive about knowing that your future will be bright instead of locking yourself in a dark room of despair, assuming your future will be a pile of shit). :)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: