• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Questions about herpes outbreaks and periods

After a week of spiking temps and the awful feeling of malaise with my first outbreak, my sores are slowly healing.

Do most women get an outbreak around, near, or while theyre on their period?

Im supposed to be starting my period soon and it would really suck if I had to start going through this all over again after I feel Im coming over the hump

Or does it just depend on your bodys individuality of handling it?

Im keeping a journal of my symptoms and how I feel That way, when I have future outbreaks perhaps I could notice patterns...what to do...or what not to do and how long each will last etc

Well from my limited experience and knowledge yes it does differ for each person individually but often it can come out after a period. But it might not happen! Hopefully if you keep a healthy diet, exercise, and sleep enough your period won't affect it but it does change for everyone. I have been getting an outbreak after my period--and I'm on it now so we will see how this one goes! Good luck my friend. Keeping a journal is a good idea. Also for your thoughts!

HI ,

yes the period always plays a big role in a female body,if i get my outbreaks i always get it short before or in my period....in that time our lovely woman hormans freak out bbbbbbaaaaaaaaaah.Sure at this time you need to be much more carefully if you have a partner ,listen to your symtoms but it dont mean every woman get outbreaks at this time, maybe you are one of the lucky ones and you dont get any OB.Antivirales do make a big change but please only take it if you really need it or if you are in an relatioship.Hope you get better soon.Judith