• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

What is this now? Ugh. Scrape or is herpes spreading?

I'm waiting very impatiently for my outbreak to go away, I feel like things are healing and then I see what looks like a scrape on the outside where my leg and lady parts connect. How do I proceed? I've been dealing with fear of knowing whether or not it's over. I got diagnosed 13 days ago and the blister started a few days before that. How do I know if it's over? :(( when can I have sex again?

I hear ya. It can feel sometimes like they never end, right? But outbreaks do end (eventually) and healing has a lot to do with how you treat yourself and good old fashioned time.

Is this your first herpes outbreak? If so, then these are notoriously prolonged to completely heal. Within the first 6 months, your body is building up antibodies to help you stave off future outbreaks, so during this window of time, take care of your immune system, eat healthy, think healthy and allow your body time to do what it wants to do. Don't focus too much on when you'll be able to have sex again and don't worry yourself silly over it taking a long time to heal; instead, focus on taking care of yourself on many levels. That's what you need most now. The sex will come in time, I promise. For now, take care of yourself. :)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Thank you for your response Adrial! :) So sad panda. 6 months of paranoia is not something I look forward to. Can't wait to forget about Herpes, even though it will always be with me.ugh ugh ugh. I've been trying to take care of myself and stay positive but somedays...my mind refuses.

Heya HBetty, But that's the point here. You don't HAVE to be paranoid if you don't want to be. :) (I officially give you permission.) Paranoid is a state of mind that comes by assuming that if you worry about something enough, it'll get better. The opposite is true. The more you focus on one aspect of something, the bigger that gets. The more you worry, the more worried you become. It keeps building on itself. You can stop that vicious cycle now. You can be happy instead. It's your decision of what you want to focus on.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: