• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Guilty

So I was diagnosed with type 1 herpes in August of 2012. Since the initial outbreak I haven't had to deal with another one until now.. I guess I've been able to push it to the back of my mind but now I feel like I'm going through the whole process again. Not to mention I just recently became sexually involved with my boyfriend ( who I disclosed to and he's very understanding ) I just noticed a spot where I thought I cut myself shaving bit turns out its a full fledged out break by today. I'm just worried sick about the risk I put my new boyfriend in. What if he contracts it? How do you deal with the guilt?

You didn't do this on purpose. You informed him about your situation, and he knew the risks involved. You are doing the best you can. Something I have to come to terms with is how strong people actually are. If he contracts the virus, he will be strong like we are. He will still have a wonderful life. Forgive yourself. You are doing the best you can, and you are protecting him the best way you know how. The rest is up to fate and chance.