• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Thank you Herpes

So just a quick story and thank you to H and an OB that saved me some time and heartbreak for those of you needing some positives with this. I have had H2 almost a year now and my first and only disclosure went fine. This guy and I were together for 6 months and intimate and he never once made me feel bad about it. But then he moved across the country and we decided to date others. I was of course terrified of starting over and dating again and disclosing again...ugh! SO...I met this really cool guy and we were texting a lot and saw each other a few times and I could tell he wanted to be intimate, but I just couldn't bring myself to tell him yet, because I didn't know him well enough or trust him. I told him I was not looking to just fool around, but for a relationship and that I didn't want to just jump into sex because that always seems to ruin things and I wanted to start things off right, etc. He seemed ok with this, but then one night I stayed there and continued to stand my ground on this and for his own good...lol...I was in the middle of a small OB. Well, still not feeling like he was someone I could disclose to, we just made out and then I made things stop for many reasons. Well, thank goodness I did, because the next day he said he couldn't believe I had been mean to him and denied him sex and that he felt rejected, etc. and that was a turn off to him! My goodness I had only know him a month and I guess his true colors were coming out...if he only knew the real reason was not only my morals that were not matching his, but also that I was protecting him. So of course I didn't disclose and even after apologizing for not having sex (which I should not have had to do!) I of course never have heard from him since! What a jerk! What irritates me even more is that he was trying to initiate sex without even talking about STI's or having a condom...some people really need to be more careful and not just assume. Lucky for him I knew and was able to put on the brakes, but just saying that having H really helps you to have self-control to do this and takes things to another level some others may not ever possibly reach. So it sucks I had this experience, but glad I did, because it just makes me more aware of what I am looking for and how to handle things in the future. Yikes...back to the drawing board...:)

So happy u told us this story... This is my point with relationships these days... Everyone is so quick to sleep with someone without really knowing the person...

I'm sure this happens a lot even without having something n people give in.. Thank u for standing ur ground...

He should of felt like u were something special, because u are.... <3