• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

new friends

I was out and about today taking care of business. and this guy approached me and asked if we can exchange numbers and the first thought that came to my mind was (H) it just seemes like I can't even make new friends I know I won't let it go any further. Smh

I know the feeling I have only known for 3 weeks but the thought of putting myself out there is terrifying. The thoughts of rejection are the worst, however the one thing I have learned from this forum is that this is a reflection of our judgements of ourselves. We can't expect to be loved by others until we love ourselves. H can be a gift if we let it. Now if only I could take my own advice... :) keep your chin up.

Hey Shay! What are you making up will happen if you give this guy your number?

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Th anks for the advice pepper90 :) um Adrial Like what if me & the guy was talking for a month or something it seem like I will have to talk about it because it seemed like he of course would want sex. Right now I'm trying to work things out with my daughters father its been rocky but we've been together for 11 years (highschool sweetheart) so let's see how this goes :-/ trying to work on telling him about my situation also

Shay, I understand where you are coming from and thought that exact same thing when I was approached in the beginning. Take those numbers, make a friend and get to know people. If you feel like you want to tell them, do. You have control over who you decide to share with and when:) I have had H for a little over a year now and disclosed to two people and neither of them rejected me. The first relationship didn't work out for other reason and the second guy, whom I am dating now didn't even bat an eye. Stay confident, keep smiling! Your still you...a beautiful women with so much to offer.