• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

NEED ANSWERS: herpes and sore throat?

Hello, I have been dealing with my first herpes outbreak for about 2 weeks but only started meds today. I woke up today with a sore throat....is this part of the process? I'm also nauseous, terribly upset and scared. Trying to find a counselor to speak with {it's been hard to find one} I'm hungry but when I try to eat I can't. Please help...Does anyone know where I can speak to someone I'm in NJ or where I can get more information. My doctor was so good and reassuring but I just don't feel it was enough. She gave me people to speak with but none take my insurance and will not do a sliding scale...they are very expensive. Thank you~

Hi connect. You can find out a lot of answers here. Just ask. Adrial has some information on here too. I think some people get flu-like symptoms when they get an outbreak or maybe that's usually for a first outbreak. It could be unrelated too.

I hope you find your answers and also, someone to talk to. I'm from NJ too! Collings Lakes!

what about a free support group? if you can't go to a counselor, and there aren't any free or reduced price places around, that might be the best option. also you could go into PPH and talk to a nurse there, they aren't a counselor but I did a joint appointment with my significant other so we could both ask questions, and it was very helpful. they also might have counselors there too, or a support group through there. but also you can just type in HSV support groups in your city and find it that way! good luck