• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Hello from Turkey :)

Dear Friends,

First of all, I would like to say, I am sorry for my english. Let me tell my story.

I am 25 years old woman who lives and raised in Turkey as muslim. Off course my family was very modern and not a real fan of Islam. Anyway, I have been sexually active for 4 years. I had only 2 partner before H. One of them my highschool sweetheart and other one (who transmitted to H) 2 years monogamous relationship. My 2 years old relationship doesn't know he had Herpes. He was saying me he has some painful hair ingrown in his shaft and I insisted him to go to doctor. He tested for STD's + herpes and herpes2 came back positive.

After he diagnosed, I got tested and it was negative. We weren't that educated and we had sex when the scabs was just fall off :(

I didn't have outbreaks though but after I broke up I feel burning sensation around my clitoris. I go get tested for 2 times and it was negative again so I was sure I was free of herpes.

After we broke up I started dating this great guy who I am still dating with for 11 months now. My bf and I were dating for 4 months then when I got my first ob. I immideatley go to hospital and they did a swab which came back positive.

I came home and told my bf about the disease. He was wonderful and so supportive but I couldn't tell him that I was suspicious it before :( This feeling was killing me and I told him that my ex has it and I was suspicius about it :( He was so angry to me because if I tell the truth at first at least if I told him it could be herpes :( anyway he forgive me anyway because I was sure I was free of the virus ( 2 times tested both was negative)

I had the worst prodrome symptoms for 3 months at least and after my first OB. I started daily valtrex. My bf still h free at least thats far we know. We started using condoms and I educated myself. Now I don't feel anything down south no prodrome nothing for 5 months straight and no outbreak for 9 months!!! yay to me :)

I had lots of therapy. I felt so ugly, dirty even though I wasn't but now I feel great because sex is always dangerous! You never know who has what. At least I and my bf knows my risks !

I can deal with H very easily but my only concern is to transmit to disease to my loved one. I download handout pdf and give to my bf already :) He didn't even look at it because he said I love you and I know the risk! And he doesn't care.

We don't have support system because its not easy to speak if its includes SEX in it!! Thank you for the support.

Love!