• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Recently diagnosed with herpes

Soooo I just got my diagnosis back and I have genital herpes. I'm only 19 and I contracted it from my boyfriend who was unaware of the virus in him. I was thinking of ending the relationship prior to this but now I feel like if I ever leave him I will be alone forever. I am a very fun easy going person. I have an accounting diploma and I am working my way towards my chartered accountant. This is making me feel so depressed and I don't even want to live anymore. I am in the middle of my first outbreak along with a bladder and kidney infection. Talk about painful!!!! I had to take a medical leave from work I couldn't even walk. Anyways I just need someone to talk to about all this because I don't know what to think anymore :(

Oh hun I was right where you are 2 months ago. I had a bladder infection with mine too and was off work for almost a week. I didn't know that's what it was at the time though. I didn't find out till 2 weeks later. I had to go back and tell my boyfriend and it about killed me. I've been a complete nervous wreck until I found this forum. It starts to get easier to handle I promise. I'm only 23 and thought the same way you do. I had my second ob last week and pretty much hit rock bottom. You can't let this determine who you are. It's only what you have and it's really just an annoying skin condition in the end. You'd be surprised how many people are accepting of it when you tell them. I've come to see my diagnosis as a wake up call. That I need to start taking better care of myself and trusting people more. I have serious trust issues and this has not been easy for me with my boyfriend. But once you grieve and allow yourself to feel the emotions that are all completely normal.. you'll start to get better.