• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Body sensitivity before/after herpes outbreaks?

I and my boyfriend both have HSV 2. We still try and have a normal sex life, but for me I notice sex is starting to become painful. Every once in a while , when or around the time of an outbreak, the inside of my body has a burning and tingling feeling, making me extremely sensitive and raw.

Is this normal? Do other people with HSV experience this type of pain during intercourse?

I get that too..actually I am having tingling sensations..I always have that sensation..ever since my 2nd outbreak last december..I think it is all in my head..weird because when I have my period, I don't have tingling sensations..but right after it's over, the tingling sensation is back..soooo weird!

I KNOW!!! lol . I have to say my last outbreak ended a few days ago and geeze louise did I have burning and tingles . I heard something about involuntary muscle contractions (vaginal) that may be caused by HSV but I need to do a little more research.

I am having an outbreak now..waaahh! Not taking any meds..just abreva and anti itch cream..lysine too and my regular vitamins..i can still walk hahaha! I know it will clear up on its own..but I hope it will happen before Monday haha! I guess I will have to talk to a doctor for prescription..well, when I have medical insurance already hahaha :)

• 11 months later...

I have no idea how sex would affect me, haven't done the deed since being diagnosed.

I do know my back is more sensitive in the lower spinal region. I notice if I open or close a door or bump into something with that area that it tingle/mild pain in for a few minutes.

Sorry I didn't get to this earlier ... I was at a hotel and the internet in the room was really poor and so I didn't get online as much... just noticed this got buried ...

I went through a spell many years ago where my labia would swell up a lot (had to use cold washcloths to get the swelling down) after sex. Didn't attribute it to the H 'cause I'd had it for awhile at the time. Looking back, I'd say that I needed more lube, because I rarely have an issue with it now and I'm definitely "wetter" now naturally ...

One thing - when you are having a rough spell with the sensations, use that time to find other ways to be intimate. H gives us the perfect excuse to find out inner vixen ;)