• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Anyone have swollen lymph nodes as herpes symptoms?

I'm trying to link something up. In an earlier post I stated I didn't have any symptoms and that I never had the agonizing first herpes outbreak everyone else has been saying they had. But I've noticed something, my lymph nodes would swell and I've been getting sore throats more often than usual, is it possible this is just a part of my body reacting to the herpes? I also tested for HIV and that came back negative so it's not that.

I have heard about this plenty. Quite common as far as the stories I've heard from people. Swollen lymph nodes means your body is fighting off the new virus. For some people I've heard the swelling going down as the body develops antibodies to counteract herpes, while for others, the lymph nodes always swell up at least slightly as the virus wakes up for a new outbreak (which can be a good heads up as a prodrome symptom to assume that an outbreak may be coming on).

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Generally, as far as I have heard, the site of your lymph nodes swelling will give you a hint as to where your body is fighting the virus, so if your lymph nodes swell in the lower part of your body, it's probably due to genital herpes, and if your lymph nodes swell in the upper part of your body, it might mean oral herpes (or any other virus, too, but in terms of herpes, that's probably why they swell in different parts of the body). But hey, I'm no doctor, just a trend I'm noticing through our community sharing.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...