• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes test result super confusing

hey guys i need help !

so i just got back from my doctors appointment i specifically asked for the IGG test for herpes and for my suprise both hsv1 and hsv 2 came out NEGATIVE?! wtf?! i dont know whats going on i found out i had herpes on june of 2011 and i got test on May 15 2012 and now its negative?.... please what other test can i do i really need to know if i have it or not

Wow, that is perplexing! IgG is the most accurate blood test out there for herpes from what I've heard. It measures the amount of antibodies in your blood stream to determine what herpes type(s) you have.

Normally if you are exposed to herpes and get tested within 90 days of exposure, it could come out negative because the antibodies haven't built up enough to show as positive. But if it's been a year since your herpes exposure, that wouldn't apply to you.

Did you originally get an IgG test back in June 2011 that came out positive or was it just based on visual inspection?

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

From what I've heard, if you're past the 90-day mark past original exposure date (which you clearly are), and you get the IgG test, that will give you the most accurate results. Based on how I understand what you're saying, it sounds like you actually don't have herpes after all! I'd definitely go back and tell all of this to your doctor to see what they say. But if it is true, I gotta say ... congratulations! :)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: