• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I am so confused about my test results.

I guess I am really confused on my test results. I have been celibate for about 2 years and have never once had a noticeable outbreak. I had unprotected sex on May 4th and 2 days later got a discharge that changed 3 times, 2 sores and flu like symptoms. For about 2 weeks I was so fatigued, irritable, night sweats and even broke out in a rash on my arm (not sure if that even relates to this). I decided to go to the doctor on May 23rd which was 19 days after possible exposure. My results came back positive for IGG with a value of 13 and also positive for IGM with a value of 1.1. I have read that those IGM tests are not the most accurate in because they are not type specific and with the herpes virus they can show up with recurring outbreaks. I also am not sure if 19 days is enough time for IGG antibodies to show up. I am not sure if I was carrying this and just had my first outbreak or if I was recently exposed. Does anyone have any feedback?