• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

To all you lurkers ... A love letter to you. :)

Hi all!

I remember when I first got herpes, I would scan herpes forums like this one, live vicariously through other people's questions and the answers they got and the ensuing conversations that followed, but I wouldn't DARE post anything ... And that went on for a while ...

I was still hiding. It felt safe. And it was quite lonely.

It wasn't until I took that next step to participate in the conversation (however anonymously I chose to be) that I actually got a firsthand experience of being able to express MYself and MY feelings, to really get that I myself wasn't alone, to get the support I myself needed. And boy, what a RELIEF that was to let it all out!

I've heard from a lot of people through this community that it took them months of trolling on these boards before they considered actually posting anything. If you happen to be one of those people reading this right now, I offer to you a compassionate hand, reached out to you. I offer you my love, my appreciation, my ear to listen. Come out from the shadows. There's no reason to hide. It's a beautiful day out here in the light. ;) Be as anonymous as you'd like to be. Share yourself. Share whatever is true for you right now. Let us support you in whatever is going on right now.

Because I promise this: We can relate. Not only as people with herpes, but as fellow human beings all going through our varying degrees of human beingness. ;)

And when you reach out and allow yourself to be supported and seen for who you are, that's when the true healing begins.

Here's to you on your healing process ... We love you.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: