• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

4 years since diagnoses....still no ob....but mentally having issues with it

Well, I am new to this whole thing...so please bear with me. About 4 years ago I had a very very mild outbreak. I did go to my gyno and he took a look at it. When he saw it he didn't immediately diagnose it as herpes. He stated that it was similar to molluscum contagiosum. At that point he didn't do a swab culture test but a blood test of I remember correctly. It came back that I had hsv2. I have not had an outbreak since then. If so, it's been so mild that I can't tell I'm having an outbreak. Sometimes I second guess the results. I pray that test was done incorrectly. Everyday for four years I go through a mental battle with myself because I always made sure that I was careful. I am going to get retested on the 20th to confirm my diagnoses. A part of me is praying for god to give me a second chance. That same part of me is also hoping that all of this suffering I went through for 4 long years was for nothing and that I can go back to being the old me I was before I found out.

I know It’s hard! I went And got tested 1 it was positive 2nd time negative but I never Let it go finally did a 4th culture and it was positive. I really Hate I kept Going back because knowing is the worst! It seems as though I never Had symptoms until I found Out! Praying for you!

My blood test came back negative (PCR DNA) and now they say it may be shingles. I looked this up in my university’s medical library and it turns out that 8% of shingles can present along the lumbar dermatone (vulva and buttocks)! And mine was one-sided which is typical for shingles. Will get retested for HSV in a couple of months just to be sure.