• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Starting Over, but this time with Herpes

I've been married for 28 years. My husband had herpes when we married and within the first year, i contracted it. After going through a period where I had more frequent OBs several years ago, I went on medication and have had none since. I want to try going off the meds to see if I will have more OBs. I'm 56 so the hormones might not be a problem and I'm also much healthier now than I was then. Does anyone have any experience with this? We are going through a divorce and I have my own place now. Dating however - WHOA--- scary stuff. I can't even bring myself to flirt with anyone yet and I know I haven't forgotten how. I haven't decided if I am going to date in the "general population" and disclose or try joining some specialty dating sites. I don't live in a big metropolitan area, although I am less than 2 hours from the DFW area, so I'm not sure if I'd have much luck. Sex was so easy with my husband, knowing we didn't have to worry about STDs. (he has had hardly any OBs in a couple of decades) and now it just seems like it is going to be so complicated. Any encouragement is appreciated. Looking forward to reading about other's experiences and hoping to concentrate on the "good stuff" as I try to look at the bright side whenever possible. No matter how bad things seem, there are so many ways it could be worse, right?