• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Lost, meningitis

Hi everyone, where do I start....

I had unprotected anal sex and a couple days later got the most unbearable headache I've ever experienced. The day before this happened I was at work and all of a sudden felt like I had to pass out but I didn't. I told myself to go t the hospital the day of the unbearable headache but I didn't. The next day I woke up with pain in my right eye, like inflammation or something. At the time I didn't know what was going on. Went to urgent care and they said its just a sinus infection. Antibiotics didn't work. Still had weird eye pressure. Fast forward two weeks later and I have unprotected vaginal with the same guy. It wasn't until a week later I got all the normal signs of a outbreak, fever, discharge, itchiness, sores, and I had a sore throat. My whole outbreak was just internal. After it went away is when I started to have problems. Really intense nerve pain like burning in my legs, pins and needless, ringing in my ears, vision issues, I could feel it moving up and down my arms and legs. Then I got a terrible migraine where I was sensitive to light. Then a week after that I got another migraine with pressure in my eyes, restless, I can't regulate body temperature. I got in the bathtub, it looked like I had blisters on my hand. When I was in the bathtub both of my hands started to burn. Ever since then my right hand is always cold. I get mild moving headaches now. Fatigue sometimes out of nowhere, twiching all over my body, and it seems like everyday I have pressure in my right eye at some point. I've never had a outbreak since only one but it was behind my butt.. wasn't there on initial outbreak. I also see floaters now. I never had any of these problems until I got herpes. I'm afraid I got meningitis from it or a flare up of it. I didn't understand why I got a intense headache and no outbreak. I need help. I have thought out committing suicide so many times. I haven't felt normal sense before this happened in January. I'm afraid there is no answer. Some people said I've talked to had a flare up of meningitis from hsv two before getting a full blown meningitis episode. Apparently it's all internal and in your brain and can reoccur which is called mollerts meningitis. I'm at my wits end. I want to give up before this gets worse.

First off, suicide is never the answer. There seems to be still a lot of unknowns with your situation and guessing and fearing the worst isn't going to help. You should continue seeing a doctor to work through these symptoms with him or her to figure out your actual issue. Then once it's known you can then figure out the plan of attack.

Also, the way you deal with stress often has an impact on how your body helps recover. As hard as I'm sure it is, the best thing to do is be patient and take care of yourself the best you can. Who knows, in a month or two you could be feeling significantly better and have this episode finished or at least managed. Good luck!

@becca24 omg! now I'm beginning to think the person I got it from is not the actually person I got it from. About two years ago, my legs were burning so bad I had to go to the ER. They did blood work but didn't find anything. So I'm thinking I had it for about 4 years when in reality its probably only been about two. Neverthess I have it and its not going anywhere. I thought of killing myself often and sometimes still do. This site has helped me alot. Some post I like others scare me so I get on when I'm depressed. Good luck with everything. Just stay strong.

Hi everyone! Meningitis bacterial or viral is very serious. If you have any of the symptoms, I urge you to go to the doctor and demand a Lumbar Puncture Procedure as Meningitis can be fatal. The sooner you catch it the better. I have just gotten through my viral Meningitis and I am feel the same post VM effects but it is better to be alive and feeling this way than to be dead. If you have any question PLEASE inbox me. I would be happy to answer any of your questions.