• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

IGG and IGM Results but partner negative and more confusion…

Hello to all,

Here's the background on my situation, I'm hoping for some advice/insight.

I had my first gOB and had a culture and blood tests done. The culture was positive for hsv2 and the blood test was a 1.58 for IGG and 1.2 for IGM. I was told by my doctor that the IGG test determined the infection was recent. I contacted the guy I was dating at the time (we broke up 2 weeks before the outbreak) I told him and he was tested a few weeks laster and he claims both tests are negative.

I was certain he gave it to me since the first OB I ever had happened while we were together and there were IGM antibodies present. I have since read online that it can take up to 12-16 weeks for any antibodies IGM or IGG to be present in blood tests. Does it make sense he would be negative and I would be positive from a previous partner? My prior partner was about 2 months before I was with him.

Just very confused and upset and not sure how to wrap my head around this. Thanks in advance for any words.

How and why can be a perilous rabbit hole of anger and sadness.

Better to focus on making the future one you look forward to.

All this he said, he did, I discovered, I can't figure out noise is static that will only prevent you from drawing the kinds of conclusion you eventually need to reach.

That is, what will you do to make the future a good one?

How do you feel about your self-image?