• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I'm so confused!!

I really hope there is someone out there that can help me understand all this... my fiance of 2 years cheated on me in February. I went to the dr after I found out to get tested for STDs.. I had no symptoms of anything, but better safe than sorry. Soooo i tested positive for HSV1 and HSV2. Complete shock because have never had any type of breakout anywhere. He goes to get tested, and is negative dor HSV2 but positive for HSV1. My doctor has not been very helpful in explaining things to me... is it even possible for me to be HSV2 positive and not pass it along to him after 2 years? Could my test be wrong? We never used condoms and had quite an active sex life. I sure hope there is somebody out there that can shed some light for me. I feel very alone in all this

Sounds like you need a better doctor.

Seriously, these are some rudimentary questions and any doctor should be easily prepared to answer.

Now, if you simply doubt the validity of the test results, only your own research can change that.

But,

Yes you can contract both.

Yes there is a slim chance you might accidentally not transmit the virus, just like you might actually do just that.

Yes, it is possible to have contracted the virus and not know it.

Your frustration may get in the way of your ability to research the quality of the kind of tests you took and what the numbers on the paper mean. But if your doctor is certain that you are positive for herpes, they are probably right.

Now the important thing is not how or why.

The important questions are how do you feel about your self-image and about your future? What will you do to make that future a good one?