• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Hi friends,

Being an H+ male, I try to minimize contagion risks when having sex. Besides medication (acyclovir in my case, which works very well), condoms, nutrition and supplements, I try to bring down the odds of passing it when asymptomatically shedding.

I try to be non-paranoid, and that is why I'm building a "protocol" that I will follow every day / the day that I have sex.

In that sense, I wonder if taking a shower before sex helps to get rid of some of the virus that can be present on there, if the virus was shedding asymptomatically (as most of you know, you *could* be contagious even if no sores are present).

So, what do you think people? Can the water get rid of some concentration of the virus on the skin, if it was shedding without a full-on outbreak?

Thanks for your thoughts!