• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Ready to try casual sex

Im a 24 year old female wish GH. I found out when I had a OB after a surgery 2-3 years ago, my boyfriend at the time was very supportive and it wasn't a big deal because we thought we would be together forever + he never had a OB fast forward to now we cannot be together due to reasons outside of GH. Sex was easy with him because we both had it so we were free together. I went through a lot of depression because I felt like I had no choice but to be with him.Not to sound full of myself but I'm a very pretty girl but feel like I'm tricking guys when I go on dates. I feel like I'm the definition of "everything that looks good isn't good for you" I haven't had sex in 8 months now I've built the confidence up to try again with someone new. I know the basics of when not to have sex but here's my issue. I started taking valtrex and the next day I had tingling now I have sore.I can't even remember the last time I had a OB at all. Is this normal when starting valtrex for it to cause a OB? Im only taking to have the lowest transmission rate possible.

Good on you for taking suppression medicine!

I hope you are committed to disclosing 100%. Just as much for your own benefit as anyone else's.

To answer the Valtrex question:

I have read lots of criticism of Valtrex. Different people react to the various brands of medicine differntly, but Valtrex is a pretty common offender from what I read on this site.

You should ask your doctor to change brands to control symptoms and side effects better.

Valacyclovir is the name of the generic drug in all these various brands. Valtrex, Alacyclovir are the most common brand names.

It could just be a random outbreak, but if you don't trust the brand you are on, it's reasonable to change brands just to see how it works for you.