• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Question about pubic hair

Hi friends,

In my quest to optimize the non-transmission of the virus to my girlfriend I have been wondering about pubic hair.

My infection is on the base of the penis where hair grows (in fact, I fatally shaved the day I caught it - and the presence of micro-lesions / abrasion caused by the razor could have contributed to the infection).

What are the odds of a slightly increased protection with some pubic hair on there? We are assuming I'm asymptomatic, taking medication, and wearing a condom.

Do you think it would help, even a little bit?

Many thanks,

Well, in theory having pubic hair will decrease chances of skin on skin contact and therefore decrease the chances of transmission. I used the lets grow my pubic hair and dont wax protocol for the first couple of months but to be honest I dont think it makes any difference. If you are taking your medication and tracking your symptoms those are usually enough. However unlike waxing shaving with a razor irritates the skin like hell so if you feel comfortable with pubic hair then dont shave it. Alternatively, you can get a machine to trim your pubic hair. I used one for my first year.

In short my advise is either dont shave with a razor and grow your pubic hair or get a hair trimming machine.