• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Transmission rates with Condoms

So I'm recently coming to terms with my condition and its symptoms, pretty awful so far but I'm sure I'll get over it. I was really looking for some answers. I spoke to my sexual health Dr here in the UK and the director of a well known Herpes charity here in the UK about transmission rates with condoms.

I've only really had one noticeable lesion on my penis (only OB that I know of) and some tingling in that region and legs. The placement of that lesion is on the very end of my foreskin, just before the head. I've been told by both that Director and my GP that Condoms offer 100% protection due to the placement of my outbreak (assuming there is no genital contact without one) as there is no way for the virus to be transmitted through a condom. I was told that all the studies done online are normally averages, therefore not hugely applicable to every individual regarding the placement of the lesion etc. I know that there is still a risk of the condom breaking and transmission through that way, but that seems unlikely.

I would like to think about dating again and will always disclose, but don't want to quote numbers which seem like I'm lying when quoted against the internet, and I understand that there is always going to be a risk involved.

This forum has really helped me come to terms with my situation, and was really just looking for some answers.